    not talking about stylistic changes using CSS, but content changes. Any
    offers?

    Cheers,

    Hullaballoo, Jul 21, 2004

  2. Hullaballoo

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Dylan Parry, Jul 21, 2004

  3. Hullaballoo

    Hullaballoo Guest

    Is preprocessing the only way?

    It seems like quite a common thing to want to do, is there any plan to
    provide innate support for this in XHTML?? I can't see a reason that this
    couldn't be done in the client's browser. The good ol' <link> tag could be
    extended to provide 'inline' functionality.

    Cheers

    "Dylan Parry" <> wrote in message
    > Hullaballoo wrote:
    >
    > > Is there any way in XHTML to have the contents of another included

    inline

    Hullaballoo, Jul 21, 2004
  4. Hullaballoo

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Hullaballoo wrote:

    > Is preprocessing the only way?
    >
    > It seems like quite a common thing to want to do, is there any plan to
    > provide innate support for this in XHTML?? I can't see a reason that this
    > couldn't be done in the client's browser. The good ol' <link> tag could be
    > extended to provide 'inline' functionality.
    >
    > Cheers

    It is a very common thing to do, and the facility is provided by very
    powerful server side scripts. Why would you want that handled by the
    client? That would throw up all kinds of dangers of 3rd parties inluding
    documents from your server etc etc... if it's all server side, the
    individual 'included files' that go to make one page may never EVER be
    seen by the big bad internet...

    There's no support for any way of including one file inside another in
    XHTML, and even if there were plans to in the future, it would be 5
    years before you saw another browsers in use supporting it to make it
    any good at all...

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Jul 21, 2004
  5. Hullaballoo wrote:

    Please director you attention towards:

    > Is preprocessing the only way?

    No, the previously referenced document lists five techniques which are not
    preprocessing. That said, preprocessing manages to be the easiest while
    also being least demanding on both server and client.

    > It seems like quite a common thing to want to do, is there any plan to
    > provide innate support for this in XHTML?

    I think I saw some mention of "Any element can have a src attribute" being
    planned for XHTML 2.0. Browser support might be up to handling that by
    2020.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
    David Dorward, Jul 21, 2004
  6. Hullaballoo

    m Guest

    David Dorward wrote:

    > Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    LOL, good one, David!
    m, Jul 21, 2004
  7. Hullaballoo

    Hullaballoo Guest

    "David Dorward" <> wrote in message

    > Please director you attention towards:
    > http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post

    Thank you for your reply David. I must "director" your attention to:

    http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/

    Either this is a moderated group or it isn't. I cannot abide self appointed
    nettiquette enforcers. They're like table monitors in primary schools, only
    worse. Mind you, they had better command of the English language.

    Signal to noise David. Signal to noise.

    Hullaballoo, Jul 21, 2004
  8. Hullaballoo

    Neal Guest

    On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:07:34 GMT, Hullaballoo <> wrote:

    > "David Dorward" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Please director you attention towards:
    >> http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post

    > Thank you for your reply David. I must "director" your attention to:
    >
    > http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/
    >
    > Either this is a moderated group or it isn't. I cannot abide self
    > appointed
    > nettiquette enforcers. They're like table monitors in primary schools,
    > only
    > worse. Mind you, they had better command of the English language.
    >
    > Signal to noise David. Signal to noise.

    Let's see, he made a request for you to follow a convention we all adhere
    to, and for good reason. The request was brief. Your tirade was the noise.

    You're the one who wants the help...
    Neal, Jul 21, 2004
  9. Hullaballoo

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Hullaballoo wrote:

    > Either this is a moderated group or it isn't. I cannot abide self
    > appointed nettiquette enforcers.

    It doesn't matter what you think about netiquette, it's what the group as
    whole does that counts. In this group the convention is to bottom post.

    Incidentally, if you are going to be picky about spelling and grammar,
    then you should learn to check your own first. Netiquette has three "t"s
    not four. http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=netiquette

    Dylan Parry, Jul 21, 2004
  10. Hullaballoo

    Sam Hughes Guest

    On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:07:34 GMT, Hullaballoo <> wrote:

    > "David Dorward" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Please director you attention towards:
    >> http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post

    > Thank you for your reply David. I must "director" your attention to:
    >
    > http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/
    >
    > Either this is a moderated group or it isn't. I cannot abide
    > self-appointed
    > nettiquette enforcers. They're like table monitors in primary schools,
    > only worse. Mind you, they had better command of the English language.
    >
    > Signal to noise David. Signal to noise.

    I have noticed that this group is one of the most viciously pretentious
    about its posting standards. It has a wiki article that proclaims its
    title, "HOW TO POST," with as much fortitude in the certainty of its
    rightfulness as do the Ten Commandments. Quite honestly, I think this
    group has more bottom-posting purists than it does web standards purists.

    However, it is this nit-picking that has particularly kept the group in
    its efficient state. It actually is helpful to have such a standard. It
    is actually true that bottom-posting with snippage is better than
    top-posting. As far as signal-to-noise ratios go, the purism of some of
    these group-members' posting standards gives overall improvement.

    --
    Sam Hughes
    Sam Hughes, Jul 22, 2004
  11. Hullaballoo

    Jeff Thies Guest

    > I have noticed that this group is one of the most viciously pretentious
    > about its posting standards.

    Really? What groups do you post to?

    Groups of a "technical" nature require usenet etiquitte to be observed.
    That also means searching the FAQ and reading the group for a while.
    This group is tolerant of off topic and newbie posts.

    Perhaps you are hanging out in alt.nicole.richie?

    Jeff

    Jeff Thies, Jul 23, 2004