    Mark Guest

    Is there a way in asp.net to delete the temporary internet files from IE?

    Thanks.
    Mark, Apr 20, 2006

  2. Mark

    Peter Guest

    Peter, Apr 20, 2006

  3. Mark

    Peter Guest

    Peter, Apr 20, 2006
  4. Mark

    Mark Guest

    In this article it mentions its for IE 5.0. Do you know if they'll work
    with 6.0 too? or is there different functions?

    Thanks.

    Mark, Apr 21, 2006
  5. Mark

    Mark Guest

    i found on microsoft site that these functions were introduced in 4.0 so
    they should be ok to use in 6.0.

    thanks again.

    Mark, Apr 21, 2006
  6. Mark

    MSDN Guest

    Peter,

    If he is Mark is asking to be done in asp.net then how does that work?
    I don't see Mark asking for hosting IE in a desktop app or a console app.
    ??

    SA

    MSDN, Apr 21, 2006
  7. Now I'm confused. My .NET app written in ASP.NET runs on a windows 2003
    server, users of the app are using windows 2000 pro and IE 6.0 on their
    desktops. In the asp.net application i have a buttton that when clicked I
    want it to erase all the temporary internet files in their local browser.
    Based on what Peter provided, I have read both links and they appear to be
    exactly what i need. I'm not a .net expert so I may be missing something.
    Please let me know.

    =?Utf-8?B?bWFyayBrdXJ0ZW4=?=, Apr 21, 2006
  8. I would say that you can't do what you want to do. The articles pinted to
    are for clearing the cache of a WebBrowser Control. A WebBrowser control is
    a control that supplies web browsing functionality within your Windows forms
    aplication and does not apply to ASP.net at all. I would be very suprised if
    it was possible to delete the temporary internet files via a web page written
    in ASP.net, imiagine the security implications of allowing a web page to
    change settings in your browser, those ones that try to change your home page
    are bad enough.

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2xpY2tvbg==?=, Apr 21, 2006
  9. Mark

    MSDN Guest

    clickon,

    You are right. It can not be done. The question was miss-understood
    originally.
    I was hoping to learn something new.

    Thanks,

    SA

    MSDN, Apr 21, 2006
  10. Mark

    MSDN Guest

    Mark,

    why do you want to delete the Temp Files?

    SA

    MSDN, Apr 21, 2006