temporary internet files

Mark

In this article it mentions its for IE 5.0. Do you know if they'll work
with 6.0 too? or is there different functions?

Thanks.

Mark

i found on microsoft site that these functions were introduced in 4.0 so
they should be ok to use in 6.0.

thanks again.

MSDN

Peter,

If he is Mark is asking to be done in asp.net then how does that work?
I don't see Mark asking for hosting IE in a desktop app or a console app.
??

SA

Guest

Now I'm confused. My .NET app written in ASP.NET runs on a windows 2003
server, users of the app are using windows 2000 pro and IE 6.0 on their
desktops. In the asp.net application i have a buttton that when clicked I
want it to erase all the temporary internet files in their local browser.
Based on what Peter provided, I have read both links and they appear to be
exactly what i need. I'm not a .net expert so I may be missing something.
Please let me know.

Guest

I would say that you can't do what you want to do. The articles pinted to
are for clearing the cache of a WebBrowser Control. A WebBrowser control is
a control that supplies web browsing functionality within your Windows forms
aplication and does not apply to ASP.net at all. I would be very suprised if
it was possible to delete the temporary internet files via a web page written
in ASP.net, imiagine the security implications of allowing a web page to
change settings in your browser, those ones that try to change your home page
are bad enough.

MSDN

clickon,

You are right. It can not be done. The question was miss-understood
originally.
I was hoping to learn something new.

Thanks,

SA