Temporary Outage of ML <-> NG Gateway

Dennis Oelkers

Dear list,

due to a temporary power outage, the gateway between the mailing list
and the newsgroup is currently down.
I hope it will get fixed soon, our brave people from the emergency
service are on their way.
Maybe it will last till tomorrow, since i'll stop working in the next
minutes, and so I will not be able to power
up the box again.

Kind regards,
Dennis Oelkers

P.S.: Yes, we have UPSs, but not on all circuits, and they are already
at full capacity.

Dennis Oelkers

The gateway is now up and running again. All queued mails have been mirrored
to the newsgroup since yesterday.

Unfortunately the counter of the last news posting that had been
forwarded to
the mailing list was corrupted, so I was not able to repost the
comp.lang.ruby
traffic of the last 2 days to ruby-talk, sorry.

Kind regards,
Dennis Oelkers

Brian Schröder

The good news is, that I could for once cope with the volume on the
mailing list. Maybe we should disable the gateway completely ;-)

Regards,

Brian

Ben Giddings

Is the Mailing List <-> Newsgroup gateway gone again? Ruby-talk seems a
whole lot quieter than I'm used to.

Ben

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt

Ben said:
Is the Mailing List <-> Newsgroup gateway gone again? Ruby-talk seems a
whole lot quieter than I'm used to.

This would require that only one of the media is a lot quieter than
usual, not both. Could it be that a new e-mail malware is on the block?
The typical signature of this were lots of unsolicited messages from
dial-in accounts bypassing the provider's mail server. This signature is
invisible to me because I have chosen not to receive such messages (they
are sent by computers with a malware infection, spammers and some Linux
systems with a badly configured mail system).

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt