Terminal emulator

Eric

I was curious if anyone has been able to create a Perl script that will
run a series of commands on a terminal emulator such as Hyperterm. I
need to run a series of commands every fifteen minutes and it would be
nice to find a way to automate it.

Thanks
Eric
(e-mail address removed)

it_says_BALLS_on_your forehead

Eric said:
I was curious if anyone has been able to create a Perl script that will
run a series of commands on a terminal emulator such as Hyperterm. I
need to run a series of commands every fifteen minutes and it would be
nice to find a way to automate it.

you can use a loop in conjunction with the sleep command. or, use some
scheduler like crontab.

John W. Krahn

Eric said:
I was curious if anyone has been able to create a Perl script that will
run a series of commands on a terminal emulator such as Hyperterm. I
need to run a series of commands every fifteen minutes and it would be
nice to find a way to automate it.

If you want a scriptable terminal emulator:

http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/

John

Veli-Pekka Tätilä

Samwyse said:
Instead of Perl, try AutoIT3 (http://www.autoitscript.com/) or
Or you can opt for a hybrid approach. The Autoit zip distro has a folder
named AutoItX which includes the gist of Autoit accessible via Win32::OLE.
Now I can combine the best of both worlds namely Autoit's scripting
constructs and Perl as the language as I'm reluctant to learn yet another
Basic varient.

I think the functions that come with AutoIt provide a nice subset of often
needed automation functionality. You can press buttons, find windows, wait
for time outs and so on, as well as generate keyboard and mouse events, deal
with the clipboard and even grab colors. Sure you can get your job done
using Win32::Setupsup, Win32::GuiTest, Win32::Actacc and various other
modules, too. I just find using Autoit from Perl the quickest and easiest
solution if stand-alone operation is not needed. Besides, AutoIt supports
more key names in the send functions than any of the Perl modules i've
listed, at least as far as I know.

Hope this helps.