    nice to find a way to automate it.

    Thanks
    Eric
    Eric, Feb 14, 2006

  2. Eric wrote:
    > I was curious if anyone has been able to create a Perl script that will
    > run a series of commands on a terminal emulator such as Hyperterm. I
    > need to run a series of commands every fifteen minutes and it would be
    > nice to find a way to automate it.

    you can use a loop in conjunction with the sleep command. or, use some
    scheduler like crontab.
    it_says_BALLS_on_your forehead, Feb 14, 2006

  3. Eric

    Guest

    You can try our macro program, Workspace Macro Pro. You can get more
    information and free trial download from
    http://www.tethyssolutions.com/macro-automation.htm

    It is used for exactly what you need. There is also a standard version
    available, Workspace Macro. http://www.tethyssolutions.com/product.htm

    Tethys Solutions, Expert Services Group
    http://www.tethyssolutions.com/ask-the-expert.htm
    SMART Macro & Automation Solutions

    Eric wrote:
    > I was curious if anyone has been able to create a Perl script that will
    > run a series of commands on a terminal emulator such as Hyperterm. I
    > need to run a series of commands every fifteen minutes and it would be
    > nice to find a way to automate it.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Eric

    , Feb 14, 2006
  4. Eric wrote:
    > I was curious if anyone has been able to create a Perl script that will
    > run a series of commands on a terminal emulator such as Hyperterm. I
    > need to run a series of commands every fifteen minutes and it would be
    > nice to find a way to automate it.

    If you want a scriptable terminal emulator:

    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/

    John
    --
    use Perl;
    program
    John W. Krahn, Feb 15, 2006
  5. Samwyse wrote:
    > Eric wrote:
    >> I was curious if anyone has been able to create a Perl script that will
    >> run a series of commands on a terminal emulator such as Hyperterm. <snip>

    > Instead of Perl, try AutoIT3 (http://www.autoitscript.com/) or

    Or you can opt for a hybrid approach. The Autoit zip distro has a folder
    named AutoItX which includes the gist of Autoit accessible via Win32::OLE.
    Now I can combine the best of both worlds namely Autoit's scripting
    constructs and Perl as the language as I'm reluctant to learn yet another
    Basic varient.

    I think the functions that come with AutoIt provide a nice subset of often
    needed automation functionality. You can press buttons, find windows, wait
    for time outs and so on, as well as generate keyboard and mouse events, deal
    with the clipboard and even grab colors. Sure you can get your job done
    using Win32::Setupsup, Win32::GuiTest, Win32::Actacc and various other
    modules, too. I just find using Autoit from Perl the quickest and easiest
    solution if stand-alone operation is not needed. Besides, AutoIt supports
    more key names in the send functions than any of the Perl modules i've
    listed, at least as far as I know.

    Hope this helps.

    --
    With kind regards Veli-Pekka Tätilä ()