    am I out of luck?

    Thanks for the help in advance,
    -Barret R

    Barret R, Apr 16, 2006

  2. "Barret R" <> writes:
    > I was wondering, how do you create those terminal 'screens', like how
    > irssi is designed? I'm not sure the exact word to use... Anyway, what
    > library would I use? And would I be able to replicate it on Windows, or
    > am I out of luck?

    Standard C has no concept of "screens". Try a newsgroup that's
    specific to your operating system.

    Keith Thompson, Apr 16, 2006

  3. On 16 Apr 2006 12:33:36 -0700, "Barret R" <> wrote:

    >I was wondering, how do you create those terminal 'screens', like how
    >irssi is designed? I'm not sure the exact word to use... Anyway, what
    >library would I use? And would I be able to replicate it on Windows, or
    >am I out of luck?

    You start by asking in a Windows newsgroup.

    Remove del for email

    Barry Schwarz, Apr 17, 2006
  4. Barret R

    Rick Guest

    As a starting point, you can investigate libraries such as curses (or
    ncurses). But as far as I know all ports curses ports to windows are
    'limited'. You will probably have better luck in other newsgroups.

    Good luck,

    --
    Richard G.

    'UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a
    genius to understand the simplicity'
    -- Dennis Ritchie

    Rick, Apr 18, 2006
  5. Barret R

    John Bode Guest

    Barret R wrote:
    > I was wondering, how do you create those terminal 'screens', like how
    > irssi is designed? I'm not sure the exact word to use... Anyway, what
    > library would I use? And would I be able to replicate it on Windows, or
    > am I out of luck?
    >
    > Thanks for the help in advance,
    > -Barret R

    The answer varies for each platform; the C language has no built-in
    support for screen management. You'll have to rely on either
    vendor-supplied or third-party libraries (such as curses). Check a
    newsgroup that's specific to your platform.

    John Bode, Apr 18, 2006