terminate called after throwing an instance of 'CABRTException'

Discussion in 'Python' started by Daniel Fetchinson, Oct 2, 2012.

  1. I've noticed a strange thing with python lately:

    Python 2.6.2 (r262:71600, Aug 21 2009, 12:23:57)
    >>> def f(): print x

    >>> f()

    terminate called after throwing an instance of 'CABRTException'
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
    File "<stdin>", line 1, in f
    NameError: global name 'x' is not defined

    Clearly there is a NameError because x is not defined, but what the
    hell is the "terminate ..... 'CABRTException'" business?

    I guess it has to do with abrt but abrt is not running on my system at
    all. Also, if I run python2.7 with the above code I don't get the
    CABRTException stuff. What is really strange is that I have all sorts
    of recent files in /var/cache/abrt/pyhook-* indicating that somehow
    abrt is doing things even though it is not running, for instance
    chkconfig --list | grep abrt shows it off in all run levels.

    What's going on?

    Cheers,
    Daniel

    Daniel Fetchinson, Oct 2, 2012