    visits, to understand what they really mean, and the difference between
    them.

    Thanks in advance for help.
    Dung Ping, Mar 26, 2006

  2. Dung Ping

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "Dung Ping" <> wrote:

    >The statistics of my web site is from the Webalizer. Today I got the
    >following readings:
    >
    >Daily Avg. (for March).
    >
    >Hits: 433
    >Files: 233
    >Pages: 251
    >Visits: 128
    >
    >I like to find definitions of these terms, i.e., hits, files, pages and
    >visits, to understand what they really mean, and the difference between
    >them.

    Scroll down to the bottom of the report, there's a link to the
    Webalizer home page, where after a bit of hunting you will find :
    http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/webalizer_help.html

    Be aware that only Hits and possibly Files should be considered
    accurate. Pages may be accurate depending on configuration (for
    example, the default installation of Webalizer on my host is useless
    for me because it doesn't count requests ending in .php as Pages and
    hence I seem to have a lot of hits but virtually no pages). Visits is
    based on making a number of assumptions and guesses and may be an okay
    ballpark figure or may be way off.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>
    Steve Pugh, Mar 26, 2006

  3. Dung Ping

    Dung Ping Guest

    Steve Pugh wrote:
    > "Dung Ping" <> wrote:
    >
    > >The statistics of my web site is from the Webalizer. Today I got the
    > >following readings:
    > >
    > >Daily Avg. (for March).
    > >
    > >Hits: 433
    > >Files: 233
    > >Pages: 251
    > >Visits: 128
    > >
    > >I like to find definitions of these terms, i.e., hits, files, pages and
    > >visits, to understand what they really mean, and the difference between
    > >them.

    > Scroll down to the bottom of the report, there's a link to the
    > Webalizer home page, where after a bit of hunting you will find :
    > http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/webalizer_help.html
    >
    > Be aware that only Hits and possibly Files should be considered
    > accurate. Pages may be accurate depending on configuration (for
    > example, the default installation of Webalizer on my host is useless
    > for me because it doesn't count requests ending in .php as Pages and
    > hence I seem to have a lot of hits but virtually no pages). Visits is
    > based on making a number of assumptions and guesses and may be an okay
    > ballpark figure or may be way off.
    >
    > Steve
    > --
    > "My theories appal you, my heresies outrage you,
    > I never answer letters and you don't like my tie." - The Doctor
    >
    > Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

    The information is very helpful. Thanks a lot.

    Dung Ping
    Dung Ping, Mar 26, 2006