Test-Driven Development for Embedded Software with C sample project

martinig

The Methods & Tools newsletter has released in its html archive
section the article "Mocking the Embedded World: Test-Driven
Development, Continuous Integration, and Design Patterns". Despite a
prevalent industry perception to the contrary, the agile practices of
Test-Driven Development and Continuous Integration can be successfully
applied to embedded software. We present here a holistic set of
practices, platform independent tools, and a new design pattern (Model
Conductor Hardware - MCH) that together produce: good design from
tests programmed first, logic decoupled from hardware, and systems
testable under automation. Ultimately, this approach yields an order
of magnitude or more reduction in software flaws, predictable
progress, and measurable velocity for data-driven project management.
We use the approach discussed herein for real-world production systems
and have included a full C-based sample project to illustrate it.

http://www.methodsandtools.com/archive/archive.php?id=59