test page- need help with pop up from link...

eve

Hello all,
this site is still under construction- major, but I am running into a
problem on my calendar page- I want it to pop up a window when the user
clicks on an event with the info, price, and reservations. but now all the
sudden, all of the pop ups are opening the same page. (/crop.htm) when they
need to open different ones for each link. I have each link with this
code ---
<script>
function openpopup()
{
var popurl="scrapbook101.htm"
winpops=window.open(popurl,"","width=400,height=338,")
}
</script> <a href="javascript:eek:penpopup()">Class - Scrapbook 101 @
10:30am</a>

the page is at http://www.memories-n-moments.com/events.htm

please let me know if the same is happening for you, and why this would
happen.. do I need to use a different script to do multiple popup on a
page.... and should I have given each script a name... like

winpops=window.open(popurl,"101","width=400,height=338,")
}
</script> <a href="javascript:eek:penpopup(101)">Class - Scrapbook 101 @
10:30am</a>

Adrienne

[...]

The problem with pop-ups is that many people disable them. Some people
turn off javascript to avoid them, and some have pop-up blockers. Even the
new Google toolbar has a built in pop-up blocker, and a lot of people use
the Google toolbar.

You need to rethink your design. Let the visitor go to the crop.htm page,
and either provide text to let them know to use the back button on their
browser, or use server side http_referer to create a previous page link.