test page- need help with pop up from link...

Discussion in 'HTML' started by eve, Sep 15, 2003.

  1. eve

    eve Guest

    Hello all,
    this site is still under construction- major, but I am running into a
    problem on my calendar page- I want it to pop up a window when the user
    clicks on an event with the info, price, and reservations. but now all the
    sudden, all of the pop ups are opening the same page. (/crop.htm) when they
    need to open different ones for each link. I have each link with this
    code ---
    <script>
    function openpopup()
    {
    var popurl="scrapbook101.htm"
    winpops=window.open(popurl,"","width=400,height=338,")
    }
    </script> <a href="javascript:eek:penpopup()">Class - Scrapbook 101 @
    10:30am</a>

    the page is at http://www.memories-n-moments.com/events.htm

    please let me know if the same is happening for you, and why this would
    happen.. do I need to use a different script to do multiple popup on a
    page.... and should I have given each script a name... like

    winpops=window.open(popurl,"101","width=400,height=338,")
    }
    </script> <a href="javascript:eek:penpopup(101)">Class - Scrapbook 101 @
    10:30am</a>

    eve, Sep 15, 2003

  2. eve

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "eve" <> writing
    in news:WLo9b.266184$:

    > Hello all,
    > this site is still under construction- major, but I am running into a
    > problem on my calendar page- I want it to pop up a window when the user
    > clicks on an event with the info, price, and reservations. but now all
    > the sudden, all of the pop ups are opening the same page. (/crop.htm)
    > when they need to open different ones for each link. I have each link
    > with this code ---
    > <script>
    > function openpopup()
    > {
    > var popurl="scrapbook101.htm"
    > winpops=window.open(popurl,"","width=400,height=338,")
    > }
    ></script> <a href="javascript:eek:penpopup()">Class - Scrapbook 101 @
    > 10:30am</a>
    >
    > the page is at http://www.memories-n-moments.com/events.htm
    >
    > please let me know if the same is happening for you, and why this would
    > happen.. do I need to use a different script to do multiple popup on a
    > page.... and should I have given each script a name... like
    >
    > winpops=window.open(popurl,"101","width=400,height=338,")
    > }
    ></script> <a href="javascript:eek:penpopup(101)">Class - Scrapbook 101 @
    > 10:30am</a>

    The problem with pop-ups is that many people disable them. Some people
    turn off javascript to avoid them, and some have pop-up blockers. Even the
    new Google toolbar has a built in pop-up blocker, and a lot of people use
    the Google toolbar.

    You need to rethink your design. Let the visitor go to the crop.htm page,
    and either provide text to let them know to use the back button on their
    browser, or use server side http_referer to create a previous page link.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.arbpen.com

    Adrienne, Sep 15, 2003