=test please= >.mov files<

Discussion in 'HTML' started by long eddy, Jan 5, 2006.

  1. long eddy

    long eddy Guest

    Happy new year all,

    A favor please when somebody gets a moment.

    Please advise if you can read the .mov files in the following link:

    Please click:

    http://www.ilovethecatskills.com/peter_and_colomba.htm

    There should be four .mov files named:

    peter_1.mov
    peter_2.mov
    peter_3.mov
    peter_4.mov

    I am on DSL with Windows 98 / IE 5.5 and IE 6 and I am able to load the page
    with video clips.

    Thank you for your assistance.

    Best...
    Eddy

    long eddy, Jan 5, 2006

  2. long eddy

    Steve Pugh Guest

    Re: =test please= >.mov files<

    long eddy wrote:

    > Please advise if you can read the .mov files in the following link:
    > http://www.ilovethecatskills.com/peter_and_colomba.htm
    >
    > There should be four .mov files named:
    >
    > peter_1.mov
    > peter_2.mov
    > peter_3.mov
    > peter_4.mov

    Took about 90secs in total to download them all to my desktop. I didn't
    play them as I don't open random files from unknown sources, but they
    all downloaded okay.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh, Jan 5, 2006

  3. long eddy

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    Re: =test please= >.mov files<

    long eddy wrote:
    > Happy new year all,
    >
    > A favor please when somebody gets a moment.
    >
    > Please advise if you can read the .mov files in the following link:
    >
    > Please click:
    >
    > http://www.ilovethecatskills.com/peter_and_colomba.htm
    >
    > There should be four .mov files named:
    >
    > peter_1.mov
    > peter_2.mov
    > peter_3.mov
    > peter_4.mov
    >
    > I am on DSL with Windows 98 / IE 5.5 and IE 6 and I am able to load the page
    > with video clips.
    >
    > Thank you for your assistance.

    Good news. All 4 movies play correctly on the most recent versions of
    SBC/Yahoo DSL browser(IE6 close relative), Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape,
    and Opera. The antique Netscape 4.8 did not work, but that browser is
    all but gone in most areas. In case someone does not have the QT player
    installed, the QT movies also work well on recent Real players. If
    worst comes to worst, you can bring the Real player on screen, open the
    file dropdown, and enter the url of your main page. I have a measured
    download speed of 2.56 Mbps, and your movies all loaded in just a few
    seconds, so the connection must have been good. I have my browsers set
    up to automatically play the movie as soon as the download completes.
    On some browsers, the movie is shown superimposed on your main page. On
    others, you get the same size movie window on a blank, white background
    page, but you just have to go back to bring up the main page again.

    cwdjrxyz, Jan 6, 2006