    I could need some lightweiht program that takes text file or a user
    input and passes it to the server as a soap request and displays the
    response. Would be very helpful for me.
    Denis, May 22, 2005

  2. Denis wrote:

    > I have to test a web service that uses soap as an interface.
    > I could need some lightweiht program that takes text file or a user
    > input and passes it to the server as a soap request and displays the
    > response. Would be very helpful for me.

    There are several frameworks for different languages which allow you to
    generate a web service client by reading the WSDL description of the web
    service. So decide on the language you want to use, for instance Java,
    and then look for web service proxy client generation.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
    Martin Honnen, May 22, 2005

  3. Denis

    Denis Guest

    Martin Honnen wrote:

    >> I have to test a web service that uses soap as an interface.
    >> I could need some lightweiht program that takes text file or a user
    >> input and passes it to the server as a soap request and displays the
    >> response. Would be very helpful for me.

    > There are several frameworks for different languages which allow you to
    > generate a web service client by reading the WSDL description of the web
    > service. So decide on the language you want to use, for instance Java,
    > and then look for web service proxy client generation.

    Sorry, new to soap, and not aquinted with WSDL. Is there just a simple
    ..exe, something I can use to type the soap envelope in, and get the
    response? Or something that takes a text file or a xm fil from the drive
    and sends it as a request.
    Denis, May 22, 2005
  4. Denis wrote:

    > I have to test a web service that uses soap as an interface.
    > I could need some lightweiht program that takes text file or a user
    > input and passes it to the server as a soap request and displays the
    > response. Would be very helpful for me.

    You could use netcat to transmit input to the
    service and also to receive the response.
    I had the same problem when I developed
    a SOAP client with GNU Awk's XML extension.
    Maybe you can use it:

    http://home.vrweb.de/~juergen.kahrs/gawk/XML/xmlgawk.html#Using-a-service-via-SOAP
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=FCrgen_Kahrs?=, May 22, 2005
  5. Denis

    Ian Wilson Guest

    Denis wrote:
    > I have to test a web service that uses soap as an interface.
    > I could need some lightweiht program that takes text file or a user
    > input and passes it to the server as a soap request and displays the
    > response. Would be very helpful for me.

    If you are capable of editing a text file, you could put this in it ..
    (From http://guide.soaplite.com/)

    #!perl -w
    use SOAP::Lite;
    print SOAP::Lite