Test your ruby skill

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Raveendran Perumalsamy, Oct 28, 2009.

  1. Raveendran Perumalsamy, Oct 28, 2009

  2. On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 6:23 AM, Raveendran Perumalsamy
    <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Anybody =A0interested to take ruby test then go ahead
    >

    > Test your ruby skill --> http://bit.ly/2gptTV
    >
    > Post your answers via comments

    About your blog heading, I like where you're going with this "Nothing
    is impossible=85" might want to rephrase this in a more positive
    language.

    FYI: Nothing doesn't exist, so it can't be impossible or possible.

    I know it's possible for you to become a Ruby DevMentor.org one day ;)
    ...keep at it, I like what you and other active community members are
    doing to generate value for others.

    > Thanks

    --=20
    Kind Regards,
    Rajinder Yadav

    http://DevMentor.org

    Do Good! - Share Freely, Enrich and Empower people to Transform their lives=
    Rajinder Yadav, Oct 28, 2009

  3. Hi Rajinder,

    Thanks for your motivative suggestion but my opinion about those lines
    follows

    Everything is possible -- Its hard to say without try it.

    Nothing is impossible -- I will try and do it.

    I simply like second one because i can't say all are possible without
    TRY.

    Regards,
    P.Raveendran

    http://raveendran.wordpress.com

    Raveendran Perumalsamy, Oct 29, 2009
  4. [OT]Re: Test your ruby skill

    Raveendran Perumalsamy wrote:
    > Hi Rajinder,
    >
    > Thanks for your motivative suggestion but my opinion about those lines
    > follows
    >
    > Everything is possible -- Its hard to say without try it.
    >
    > Nothing is impossible -- I will try and do it.

    You're welcome Ravenndrean, I look forward to your next set of questions!

    btw, when you say I will try, sounds like I guess so? Either you do it or you
    don't, why waste your time trying =)

    Listen to this life lesson about walking on the street at the open (there are 2
    very distinct choices in life):

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PycZtfns_U

    Don't try, just do it!

    Rajinder Yadav, Oct 29, 2009
  5. Hi Rajinder,

    If the person done a job then he did that job in first try. Try is
    not a dummy word. If the TRY fails, then we need to find a way to solve
    it. Before facing or handling issues how can we say "Everything is
    possible".

    Don't try, just do it! -- Without try we cant do anything

    Raveendran Perumalsamy, Oct 29, 2009
  6. Raveendran Perumalsamy wrote:
    > Hi Rajinder,
    >

    > If the person done a job then he did that job in first try. Try is
    > not a dummy word. If the TRY fails, then we need to find a way to solve
    > it. Before facing or handling issues how can we say "Everything is
    > possible".
    >
    > Don't try, just do it! -- Without try we cant do anything

    Think about 'try' and 'do' it will come to you =) you will see the light!

    Rajinder Yadav, Oct 29, 2009
  7. Rajinder Yadav wrote:
    > Raveendran Perumalsamy wrote:
    >> Hi Rajinder,
    >>

    >> If the person done a job then he did that job in first try. Try is
    >> not a dummy word. If the TRY fails, then we need to find a way to solve
    >> it. Before facing or handling issues how can we say "Everything is
    >> possible".
    >>
    >> Don't try, just do it! -- Without try we cant do anything

    > Think about 'try' and 'do' it will come to you =) you will see the
    > light!

    I'm afraid this isn't the place for a spiritual discussion about the
    intent and power behind the words. Most people will argue semantics to
    death, and will never agree to sit down and explore the spiritual
    mindset created by words.
    The worst thing (which should be the best thing) is that 'try' and 'do'
    are actually mentioned in exactly that context in Star Wars -- but no
    one thinks of Yoda as someone who's actually enlightened..
    Aldric Giacomoni, Oct 29, 2009
  8. Aldric Giacomoni wrote:
    > Rajinder Yadav wrote:
    >> Raveendran Perumalsamy wrote:
    >>> Hi Rajinder,
    >>>

    >>> If the person done a job then he did that job in first try. Try is
    >>> not a dummy word. If the TRY fails, then we need to find a way to solve
    >>> it. Before facing or handling issues how can we say "Everything is
    >>> possible".
    >>>
    >>> Don't try, just do it! -- Without try we cant do anything

    >> Think about 'try' and 'do' it will come to you =) you will see the
    >> light!
    >>

    > I'm afraid this isn't the place for a spiritual discussion about the
    > intent and power behind the words. Most people will argue semantics to
    > death, and will never agree to sit down and explore the spiritual
    > mindset created by words.
    > The worst thing (which should be the best thing) is that 'try' and 'do'
    > are actually mentioned in exactly that context in Star Wars -- but no
    > one thinks of Yoda as someone who's actually enlightened..

    I realized this, and my last reply was meant to be sent privately but I forgot
    to change the email addy before hitting send. I will have to look up the Star
    Wars Yoda context ;)

    Rajinder Yadav, Oct 30, 2009
  9. Rajinder Yadav wrote:

    > to change the email addy before hitting send. I will have to look up the
    > Star Wars Yoda context ;)

    It's in episode 5 or 6. Luke is practicing with Yoda, and Yoda tells him
    "Lift your spacecraft out of the mud with the force". Luke answers that
    it's impossible, Yoda says that nothing is impossible. Luke says, "I'll
    try", and Yoda says something like "There is no 'try'. Do, or do not."
    Yoda then proceeds to lift the spacecraft out of the mud with the force,
    of course.
    Aldric Giacomoni, Oct 30, 2009