Testers & Reviewers Needed for Open Source .NET Project

Mike

I am looking for volunteers to help review the source code and design of
NValidate, an open-source parameter validation library written in C#. It's
purpose is to streamline your parameter validation code, and make it easier
to write, so that you're more likely to do it consistently and correctly.

The project is currently in an alpha release; while it can be used on test
products, the binaries should not be used against production code. The
source materials and online documentation can be found at
http://www.nvalidate.org.

I'm looking for feedback on the following aspects:

- Defects
- Performance
- Design and architecture
- Extensibility (how easily you can add your own tests to it)
- Documentation (is the current documentation sufficient, or are you looking
for something more?)

This is my first open source project. Further, this is a library written by
a developer *for* developers, and its purpose is to improve code quality.
Consequently, I'm far more interested in what *DEVELOPERS* have to say about
it than anyone else.

Thanks in advance.
Mike Hofer
NValidate Developer

P.S. If someone could recommend a more appropriate place to place this type
of a post, I'd appreciate it. I feel like I'm spamming, and I suspect I'll
take some heat for it, I just didn't know where else to go. Thanks.

Chris Shepherd

Mike said:
This is my first open source project. Further, this is a library written
by a developer *for* developers, and its purpose is to improve code
quality. Consequently, I'm far more interested in what *DEVELOPERS* have
to say about it than anyone else.

Thanks in advance.
Mike Hofer
NValidate Developer

P.S. If someone could recommend a more appropriate place to place this
type of a post, I'd appreciate it. I feel like I'm spamming, and I
suspect I'll take some heat for it, I just didn't know where else to go.
Thanks.

Had I the time, I would definitely give it a whirl.

I'm chiming in mostly because I think it'd be silly for anyone to come
down on you for spamming. This is entirely topical to the groups posted
to, and it's not like you're selling anything or looking to hire anyone.
You're developing software that people can examine/contribute to and
that they may actually use. All three of those things contribute to the
learning process.

Chris.

Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]

Mike,

I'd easily defend this post if you took heat for it. Granted, there is
an announcements group, but I don't see the harm in something like this.
I've actually been waiting for this since I saw your previous post regarding
namespaces.

Mike Hofer

--
- Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]
- (e-mail address removed)

[...]
I'll take some heat for it, I just didn't know where else to go. Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks! Could you provide the name of that group, for me? I couldn't
find it.

Mike

Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]

Mike,

Hmm, looking at the newsgroup list, I couldn't find an announcement
group specific to .NET (there was an ASP.NET one, that's about it). So I
guess this group is as good as any!

--
- Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]
- (e-mail address removed)

Mike Hofer said:
[...]

Mike- Hide quoted text -

Gah!!!!

Curses! Foiled again! :)

Thanks anyway!

Once I get this thing to an official 1.0 release, I'm thinking of
writing an article on CodeProject. If that's not terribly Spammy, that
is.

Jeff

Hi Mike

You have come at the right time. I will include your project into my 3
projects currently under development. So I am happy to give feedback in
errors and documentation.

Regards
Jeff