Testing against multiple versions of Python

Michele Simionato

Yesterday I released a new version of the decorator module. It should run under Python 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3. I did not have the willto install on my machine 8 different versions of Python, so I just tested it with Python 2.7 and 3.3. But I do not feel happy with that. Is there anykind of service where a package author can send a pre-release version of her package and have its tests run againsts a set of different Python versions?
I seem to remember somebody talking about a service like that years ago butI don't remembers. I do not see anything on PyPI. Any advice is welcome!

Michele Simionato

andrea crotti

2012/10/19 Michele Simionato said:
Yesterday I released a new version of the decorator module. It should rununder Python 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3. I did not have the will to install on my machine 8 different versions of Python, so I just tested it with Python 2.7 and 3.3. But I do not feel happy with that. Is there any kind of service where a package author can send a pre-release version ofher package and have its tests run againsts a set of different Python versions?
I seem to remember somebody talking about a service like that years ago but I don't remembers. I do not see anything on PyPI. Any advice is welcome!

Michele Simionato

Travis on github maybe is what you want?