Testing Deployment Package

Guest

I have created a simple ASP.NET Web Service with VB on Win XP Pro SP2, IIS
5.1, .NET 1.1. Service works in Visual Studio environment.
Created an deployment package.
Tried running the deployment package in VS using Install - get the following
error.

The specified path 'http://development/WebServerSetup' is unavailable. The
Internet Information Server might not be running or the path exists and is
redirected to another machine. Please check the status of this virtual
directory in the Internet Services Manager.

The installation package does ask for the Installation folder and port
before getting this error. Changing the folder results in the same error
(just with the new folder name).

Also ran deployment package by clicking on file in Windows Explorer with VS
closed. Same error.

Copied deployment package to computer running Win XP Tablet. Deployment
package is successful on that computer. Also running IIS 5.1, and .NET 1.1.

Is it just a setting on the development computers IIS? Or something else?

Thanks for the assistance.

Guest

The deployment package is meant to be installed on the server where you want
to install your Web Service... Not in VS.