    My application does not provide any "log on" functionality, however, I've
    turned on impersonation if that makes any difference here.

    Any info is greatly appreciated.

    cpnet, Sep 23, 2004

  2. All the workstation versions of the NT OSes, including Win XP, have a
    maximum of 10 simultaneous network connections. This does not mean that IIS
    has a maximum of 10 simultaneous connections, it means you probably have
    less because often software uses more than one connection when performing a
    network operation and other parts of the OS could be using up a connection
    or two. Sometimes you can even run into this problem in normal testing
    without using ACT.

    Probably the 403 means that you're running into the XP connection limit. A
    true server OS member of the Windows family won't have the 10 connection
    limit so you should be in good shape there as the limit is more the number
    of connections trying to talk to a Win XP box as opposed to a server.

    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick
    Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

    Mark Fitzpatrick, Sep 23, 2004

  3. cpnet

    cpnet Guest

    Found out that for XP Pro, I am limited to 10 TCP connections, but a typical
    browser session uses 2, so I guess that means that I only get 5 concurrent
    sessions... unless this doesn't count when everything's local.

    But it seems that I may have to install a test 2k3 machine. :(

    cpnet, Sep 23, 2004
  4. Hi Cpnet,

    Yes, you're right. the XP pro has the 10 tcp connection limitation and
    since may other network shared such as UNC shared may also occupied some of
    them and the IE will use two for each request , so we'd better perform our
    web application (especially stress test ) on a server machine. Thanks.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security