testing my aspx on another machine - problems.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Martin Dew, Jun 7, 2004.

  1. Martin Dew

    Martin Dew Guest

    I have been developing a small aspx web site. This has been developed using
    visual studio 2003 and with codebehind pages written in c#. It works really
    well on my development machine (win xp sp1, IIS installed and updated from
    windows update).

    I have tried to deploy this to another machine to test the deployment of
    it(Win XP all upto date with patches aswell). I have copied all files and
    folders from my projects directory (C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Foldername) to an
    identical folder on the new machine. I have set up a virtual web in IIS and
    I can hit the main page fine on this new machaine, however some items on the
    web page do not display, namely the System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox
    controls on the mainpage. I have .net framewerk 1.1 installed on both
    machines. any images also do not seem to display on the new machine , as
    though the url is not being found. The ImageUrl property of the
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image object has this value "images\insert.gif"
    and works fine on my development machine, so I can only assume that these
    problem are encountered due to something being missing on my new machine
    which allows these objects to be translated from the html to be drawn on
    screen.

    Can anyone help with this as I am ready to deploy to test, and this is
    holding me up.

    T.I.A

    Martin
    Martin Dew, Jun 7, 2004

  2. "Martin Dew" <> wrote in message
    > I have been developing a small aspx web site. This has been developed

    using
    > visual studio 2003 and with codebehind pages written in c#. It works

    really
    > well on my development machine (win xp sp1, IIS installed and updated from
    > windows update).
    >
    > I have tried to deploy this to another machine to test the deployment of
    > it(Win XP all upto date with patches aswell). I have copied all files and
    > folders from my projects directory (C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Foldername) to an
    > identical folder on the new machine. I have set up a virtual web in IIS

    and
    > I can hit the main page fine on this new machaine, however some items on

    the
    > web page do not display, namely the System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox
    > controls on the mainpage.

    Martin, use View Source in IE and see what's being rendered.

    If you're seeing things like <asp:TextBox/> being rendered, then you don't
    have ASP.NET configured. Run "aspnet_regiis -i" and see if that fixes
    things.
    --
    John Saunders
    johnwsaundersiii at hotmail