Testing My Bad Words Validation ... please help!

Brynn

Looking to get some frustration out ... LOL.

I am creating a list of bad words ... I have a pretty good list
started ... but want more.

Please send some messages to me including bad words in them ... the
contact form is at

http://test.coolpier.com

I would really appreciate it ... to prove that this is not someone
else posting ... posing as me ... I have made the default value of the
textarea BAD WORDS TEST.

Thanks in advance for you vulgarity ... LOL.

Brynn
www.coolpier.com

P.S. this contact me tool / code will be available as a easy to use
class object with sample code on how to use it on my website very
soon.
Brynn
www.coolpier.com

I participate in the group to help give examples of code.
I do not guarantee the effects of any code posted.
Test all code before use!

Richard Cornford

I am creating a list of bad words ...
<snip>

A couple of years ago the residents of the town of Scunthorp in the UK
(N.E. England) were finding that badly designed obscenity filtering
software was seriously impairing their ability to use the internet
(Probably along with their ability to complain about it to those
responsible).

Richard.

Jim Ley

<snip>

A couple of years ago the residents of the town of Scunthorp in the UK
(N.E. England) were finding that badly designed obscenity filtering
software was seriously impairing their ability to use the internet

I believe they have now renamed the town do Sc**thorpe to overcome the
problem... :)

Jim.

Brynn

actually, this will never be perfect validation ... but I didn't want
to limit it too much ... it is lite bad words ... Scunthorpe actually
works on mine ... some of the bad words I have put a space in front of
if they are part of other words ... like ' c*nt'
I understand that if some puts stupidc*nt it will allow it, but that
is really the only way to handle it.

Unless I create an exceptions list for each word ... which I very well
may.

Brynn ;)

<snip>

A couple of years ago the residents of the town of Scunthorp in the UK
(N.E. England) were finding that badly designed obscenity filtering
software was seriously impairing their ability to use the internet
(Probably along with their ability to complain about it to those
responsible).

Richard.

Brynn
www.coolpier.com

I participate in the group to help give examples of code.
I do not guarantee the effects of any code posted.
Test all code before use!

Brynn

I agree, and have posted the same type of posts on all js validation
... my strongest skills lie in VB, ASP, and SQL ... asp/sql kinda guy.

I have a JSValidation.js and Validation.asp ... they have identicle
validation rules (scripted differently of course). I use JS to keep
some of the weight off the server ... with only the obvious final
check being with server-side ASP.

Thanks for your input though :) ... this will help others reading this
post!

Brynn =)
www.coolpier.com

For many applications, a client-side dirty word filter is not effective. The
server must do the same checking as well. You can't trust the client.

http://www.crockford.com/#javascript

Brynn
www.coolpier.com

I participate in the group to help give examples of code.
I do not guarantee the effects of any code posted.
Test all code before use!

Brian Genisio

Brynn said:
actually, this will never be perfect validation ... but I didn't want
to limit it too much ... it is lite bad words ... Scunthorpe actually
works on mine ... some of the bad words I have put a space in front of
if they are part of other words ... like ' c*nt'
I understand that if some puts stupidc*nt it will allow it, but that
is really the only way to handle it.

Unless I create an exceptions list for each word ... which I very well
may.

Brynn ;)

Brynn
www.coolpier.com

I participate in the group to help give examples of code.
I do not guarantee the effects of any code posted.
Test all code before use!

I have once met someone with the last name of Crapper, and another with
the last name of Crap.

How would that fly?
Brian