testing scapy installation

Discussion in 'Python' started by bparkis@gmail.com, Jul 12, 2007.

  1. Guest

    I have an installation of scapy on OS X (via macports) and I am trying
    to determine if it was successful or not. Nothing I do on the network
    seems to work completely, but on the other hand the installation
    didn't seem to have run into any trouble so I want to be sure. What
    test can I do to determine beyond a doubt whether this was a
    successful installation? I tried pscan.py, which was taken from

    http://packetstorm.linuxsecurity.com/papers/general/blackmagic.txt

    bmacbook:~/python bart$ sudo python ./pscan.py 192.168.1.0/24
    WARNING: Mac address to reach 192.168.1.0 not found

    WARNING: Mac address to reach 192.168.1.2 not found

    WARNING: more Mac address to reach 192.168.1.3 not found

    and it goes on like that, for 192.168.1.4 and so on. It keep printing
    error messages even after I ctrl-c the process, I have to close the
    terminal for it to (apparently) stop.

    This doesn't look that good, BUT, it does not print a warning when it
    gets to the ip address of some computer on my local network (such as
    192.168.1.1), so maybe something is working. So is there some test I
    can do that conclusively would show scapy to be working or not working?
    , Jul 12, 2007