    other nice frameworks, but could not find one via google. Any hints?

    regards,
    Achim

    Achim Domma (Procoders), Feb 11, 2005

  2. Achim Domma (Procoders)

    Josef Meile Guest

    Hi Achim,

    > I'm looking for frameworks to make testing web applications - i.e.
    > parsing and filling out forms - easier. I found Puffin, which looks good
    > but not very usable in the current state. I know that I once read about
    > other nice frameworks, but could not find one via google. Any hints?

    Zope + Formulator is a nice combination to validating and designing
    forms and add some functionality. If you want a more complicated content
    management framework, then you can additionally install plain CMF or
    Plone, which is based on CMF. There is also something called Silva, but
    it doesn't have many products as the other two; however, it is also
    nice.

    I have heard also about CherryPy, Quixote, Twisted Matrix and Webware,
    but I haven't tested them. Once I saw that somebody posted a link, which
    compares some of them, but I lost that thread :-(

    Regards,
    Josef

    Josef Meile, Feb 11, 2005

  3. Achim Domma (Procoders)

    Josef Meile Guest

    > Zope + Formulator is a nice combination to validating and designing
    > forms and add some functionality. If you want a more complicated content
    > management framework, then you can additionally install plain CMF or
    > Plone, which is based on CMF. There is also something called Silva, but
    > it doesn't have many products as the other two; however, it is also
    > nice.
    >
    > I have heard also about CherryPy, Quixote, Twisted Matrix and Webware,
    > but I haven't tested them. Once I saw that somebody posted a link, which
    > compares some of them, but I lost that thread :-(

    I found it:
    http://www.cmsmatrix.org/

    Josef Meile, Feb 11, 2005
  4. Achim Domma (Procoders) wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking for frameworks to make testing web applications - i.e.
    > parsing and filling out forms - easier. I found Puffin, which looks good
    > but not very usable in the current state. I know that I once read about
    > other nice frameworks, but could not find one via google. Any hints?
    >
    > regards,
    > Achim

    I've used Jython and a java package called httpunit to great effect. It
    even supports javascript on your pages.

    Huy

    news.sydney.pipenetworks.com, Feb 11, 2005
  5. news.sydney.pipenetworks.com wrote:

    > I've used Jython and a java package called httpunit to great effect. It
    > even supports javascript on your pages.

    Thanks, that is the option I'm currentyl testing. Works great so far!

    regards,
    Achim

    Achim Domma (Procoders), Feb 11, 2005
  6. Grig Gheorghiu, Feb 11, 2005
  7. Achim Domma (Procoders)

    John J. Lee Guest

    Josef Meile <> writes:
    > > I'm looking for frameworks to make testing web applications -
    > > i.e. parsing and filling out forms - easier. I found Puffin, which
    > > looks good but not very usable in the current state. I know that I
    > > once read about other nice frameworks, but could not find one via
    > > google. Any hints?

    > Zope + Formulator is a nice combination to validating and designing
    > forms and add some functionality. If you want a more complicated content
    > management framework, then you can additionally install plain CMF or
    > Plone, which is based on CMF. There is also something called Silva, but
    > it doesn't have many products as the other two; however, it is also
    > nice.
    >
    > I have heard also about CherryPy, Quixote, Twisted Matrix and Webware,
    > but I haven't tested them. Once I saw that somebody posted a link, which
    > compares some of them, but I lost that thread :-(

    Did you read the question?

    :)

    John

    John J. Lee, Feb 12, 2005
  8. Achim Domma (Procoders)

    richard Guest

    John J. Lee wrote:
    >> > I'm looking for frameworks to make testing web applications -

    > Did you read the question?

    To answer the original question, which I did not see when first posted:

    http://www.mechanicalcat.net/tech/webunit/

    Richard

    richard, Feb 12, 2005