Testing web pages

foldface

Hi
I know there are commercial tools available for testing web pages but
all I want to do is to 'drive' a web page from within the same application.
So, assuming I have a multithreaded program I want a thread
to be given a reference to a web page and I want that thread to press the
buttons on that page from within the application. Then I want the resulting
web page to be accessable somehow?
I've looked at nunitasp but that couldn't even get to the log on page
without an error appearing, a quick look at the website seems to show
errors in even the basics.
I'm moving to a web environment and I'm finding it difficult to test all
cases

Ta

foldface

Hi
I know there are commercial tools available for testing web pages but
all I want to do is to 'drive' a web page from within the same application.
So, assuming I have a multithreaded program I want a thread
to be given a reference to a web page and I want that thread to press the
buttons on that page from within the application. Then I want the resulting
web page to be accessable somehow?
I've looked at nunitasp but that couldn't even get to the log on page
without an error appearing, a quick look at the website seems to show
errors in even the basics.
I'm moving to a web environment and I'm finding it difficult to test all
cases

hmm, using WSDL to describe a web page and then driving that way? The ASP.NET
book seems to suggest you can drive simple sites this way, I'll look into it
but if someones already used this I'd like to know.
Obviously this is not from within the same application but it'll do.