    cases

    Ta

    , Nov 5, 2003

    wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi
    > I know there are commercial tools available for testing web pages but
    > all I want to do is to 'drive' a web page from within the same application.
    > So, assuming I have a multithreaded program I want a thread
    > to be given a reference to a web page and I want that thread to press the
    > buttons on that page from within the application. Then I want the resulting
    > web page to be accessable somehow?
    > I've looked at nunitasp but that couldn't even get to the log on page
    > without an error appearing, a quick look at the website seems to show
    > errors in even the basics.
    > I'm moving to a web environment and I'm finding it difficult to test all
    > cases

    hmm, using WSDL to describe a web page and then driving that way? The ASP.NET
    book seems to suggest you can drive simple sites this way, I'll look into it
    but if someones already used this I'd like to know.
    Obviously this is not from within the same application but it'll do.

    , Nov 10, 2003

  3. You may try Microsoft Application Center Test which comes with Visual Studio ENAR.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/act/htm/actml_main.asp

    Keith

    --

    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

    Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.

    Keith Smith [MSFT], Dec 6, 2003