  1. Guest

    Seeing if links work in posts.

    , Apr 24, 2006

  3. On 24/04/2006 17:27, wrote:

    [Subject: Testing]

    There are test groups for a reason. In future, please do your testing a
    group like alt.test, comp.test, etc.

    > Seeing if links work in posts.

    Posts should be sent in plain text, so no, HTML won't work.

    Delimit (absolute) URLs with angle brackets. For example:

    <http://www.aol.com/>

    Mike

    --
    Michael Winter

    Michael Winter, Apr 24, 2006
  4. On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 18:36:48 +0200, Michael Winter
    <> wrote:

    > There are test groups for a reason. In future, please do your testing a
    > group like alt.test, comp.test, etc.
    >
    >> Seeing if links work in posts.

    > Posts should be sent in plain text, so no, HTML won't work.
    >
    > Delimit (absolute) URLs with angle brackets. For example:
    >
    > <http://www.aol.com/>

    I dont think it is very likely that someone would have explained this to
    OP, had he followed netiquettes and posted in one of the test groups, you
    rightfully pointed him to :) So something good came of this.

    --
    ______PretLetters:
    | weblog | http://www.pretletters.net/weblog/weblog.html |

    Barbara de Zoete, Apr 24, 2006
  5. wrote:
    > Seeing if links work in posts.

    Two things:
    alt.test
    Don't post in HTML.

    --
    Hywel
    http://kibo.org.uk/

    Hywel Jenkins, Apr 24, 2006
  6. Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, vouchsafed:

    > Does it just make things into links by themselves?
    >
    > Testing:
    > http://www.aol.com
    > www.aol.com
    > aol.com

    Yes, but they are working on a filter to de-activate anything with "aol" in
    it.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity has its limits.

    Neredbojias, Apr 24, 2006
  7. Dan Guest

    Hywel Jenkins wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Seeing if links work in posts.

    > Two things:
    > alt.test
    > Don't post in HTML.

    3. When using HTML hyperlinks (in a place that's appropriate for them,
    of which this newsgroup is not), you need to include the "http://" part
    of the URI you're linking to.

    4. AOL sucks; I have no interest in following a hyperlink to it anyway.

    --
    Dan

    Dan, Apr 25, 2006
  8. dorayme Guest

    In article <op.s8iu4ds8l8uz2z@zoete_b>,
    "Barbara de Zoete" <> wrote:

    It's bloody hot in your killfile at the moment. I haven't done
    anything to deserve this temperature. Remember, being in a kf is
    punishment enough, no need to punish folk in addition. Just turn
    it down a bit please. Perhaps I should not have said how I was
    quite happy in here and had everything just as I liked it, but it
    is still no excuse to torture me. I will complain to the next kf
    visitor that comes and he or she will make it known widely what
    is being done to the inmates here.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Apr 25, 2006
  9. On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 06:20:30 +0200, dorayme
    <> wrote:

    > In article <op.s8iu4ds8l8uz2z@zoete_b>,
    > "Barbara de Zoete" <> wrote:
    >>

    > It's bloody hot in your killfile at the moment.

    You haven't been in my kf since last Christmas. I just didn't feel the
    need to communicate with you.
    Every once in a while I clean out my kf. Just to see if anything has
    changed with the kf'ed or maybe I was wrong to put them there, just
    because I was in a bad mood with a low threshold, too easily annoyed.
    Either way, I never thought it necessary to kf you again since january.

    So, there you have it.

    Barbara de Zoete, Apr 25, 2006
  10. dorayme Guest

    In article <op.s8jwh6q4l8uz2z@zoete_b>,
    "Barbara de Zoete" <> wrote:

    > On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 06:20:30 +0200, dorayme
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > In article <op.s8iu4ds8l8uz2z@zoete_b>,
    > > "Barbara de Zoete" <> wrote:
    > >>

    > > It's bloody hot in your killfile at the moment.

    > You haven't been in my kf since last Christmas. I just didn't feel the
    > need to communicate with you.
    > Every once in a while I clean out my kf. Just to see if anything has
    > changed with the kf'ed or maybe I was wrong to put them there, just
    > because I was in a bad mood with a low threshold, too easily annoyed.
    > Either way, I never thought it necessary to kf you again since january.
    >
    > So, there you have it.

    You have at one stroke changed the parameters of a big project I
    was engaged in: a book of my time in your kf. It is being written
    in the present tense and now, either I have to publish as is and
    let my publisher deal with the tense in the blurb, or change it
    to past tense and find some other way to reinstate the drama that
    present tense writing allowed.

    And no use Grep pattern replacing really, Grep has no aesthetic
    sense, the woodeness of any change would be apparent. I have work
    ahead.

    Decisions, decisions...

    (I don't suppose you would consider putting me back in for
    another few weeks to finish my project and keep hush about the
    "since Christmas". I have every intention of giving you a
    percentage of the royalties, it might be a very big hit indeed.)

    Anyway, best wishes and all that...

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Apr 26, 2006