Tests failed on PPC and PPC64

Sérgio Durigan Júnior

Hi all,

I'm trying to compile Ruby from the source using a biarch PPC64 system
(64-bit kernel with mixed 32- and 64-bit apps). The source-code version
that I have here is "ruby-1.8.6-p114". I have compiled both PPC and
PPC64 versions here, and run "make check" after. That's a brief
description of what I got:

PPC:

#> ./configure --enable-shared
#> make
#> make check
make: *** [test-all] Error 1

PPC64:

#> CC='gcc -m64' ./configure --enable-shared
#> make
#> make check
make: *** [test-all] Error 1

Of course, this information is very poor. I have a more detailed log
here, but I'd like to know if it's ok for some tests to fail. Also, I'd
like to know if it's the right mailing list to post these results :).

Thanks,

Roger Pack

Of course, this information is very poor. I have a more detailed log
here, but I'd like to know if it's ok for some tests to fail. Also, I'd
like to know if it's the right mailing list to post these results :).

Thanks,
Yeah core might be better, though not by much. Many times with fringe
environments [ex: win32--ask Luis Lavena] you are left all alone.
-R

Sérgio Durigan Júnior

Hi Roger,

Of course, this information is very poor. I have a more detailed log
here, but I'd like to know if it's ok for some tests to fail. Also, I'd
like to know if it's the right mailing list to post these results :).

Thanks,
Yeah core might be better, though not by much. Many times with fringe
environments [ex: win32--ask Luis Lavena] you are left all alone.

I'm afraid that's the case with PPC64 :(. Even though, I'd like to know
what would be a "correct" answer if I run "make check". Is there any
environment where all tests pass? Is it normal to get some tests
failing, or should I worry about it?

To avoid overtrafic, I pastebin'ed the two logs that I have here. They
are:

For PPC: http://pastebin.com/f5abc2009
For PPC64: http://pastebin.com/f7b2a87fa
(Please don't consider the LD_PRELOAD error message)

Can you guys take a look at them? :)

Thanks in advance,