testsuite to validate POD argument passing between C and C++

kamalpr

{ Note cross-post to clc++m. -mod }

Hello,

I am looking for a testsuite which validates that POD can be passed
between modules written in C and ones writtn in C++ but with C
interfaces. If there is a standard body that has identified valid/
invalid behaviour in this regard and the test suite validates the
same, pl let me know the details.

thanks
-kamal

alfps

{ Note cross-post to clc++m. -mod }

Hello,

I am looking for a testsuite which validates that POD can be passed
between modules written in C and ones writtn in C++ but with C
interfaces. If there is a standard body that has identified valid/
invalid behaviour in this regard and the test suite validates the
same, pl let me know the details.

The question is unclear and to my mind meaningless.

Please try to provide a concrete example.

With complete code that can be compiled (or not, if that is the
point).

Cheers & hth.,

- Alf

Francis Glassborow

alfps said:
The question is unclear and to my mind meaningless.

Please try to provide a concrete example.

With complete code that can be compiled (or not, if that is the
point).

I think that the OP is a bit confused. A POD can always be used in mixed
C/C++ code PROVIDING that the C and C++ compilers are compatible. That
has nothing to do with the code itself and everything to do with the
compilers.

Martin Bonner

I think that the OP is a bit confused. A POD can always be used in mixed
C/C++ code PROVIDING that the C and C++ compilers are compatible. That
has nothing to do with the code itself and everything to do with the
compilers.

I don't think the OP is confused at all. He is asking for a test
suite to confirm that the two compilers /are/ compatible. I don't
know if such a thing exists

Joe Smith

Puppet_Sock said:
A test suite would not be my first choice for determining
if two compilers were compatible in this regard.

Indeed, it wouldn't even be on my list.

Reading the vendor's documentation would be high on my list.
Socks

True, although such a test suite may be useful for the writter of a C++
implementation that is attempting to maintain C ABI compatibility with a
particular C compiler.

Of course, if there is a full ABI test suite available, that would be the
prefered tool.