Text after 2 tables actually appears between 2 tables !

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Peter Bassett, Aug 15, 2003.

  1. My webpage displays 2 tables that list my high school class's in-state and
    out-of-state alumni - it's at
    http://www.solotraveller.com/wwhs1981/wherewelive.html

    I have 2 arrays - alums in-state and alums out-of-state.

    I have a function to lay out a table, given an array.

    I call this function twice - with the in-state array, then with the out-of-
    state array. I expect these 2 tables to appear sequentially.

    Then I have a mailto: tag for people to notify me when they move. This is
    supposed to go at the very bottom of the page, after the 2 tables.

    BUT, the HTML renders as Table 1, then the mailto: (!!!!), then finally
    Table 2!

    Unfortunately I can't see the actual HTML when I View Source, so I'm hoping
    the group can help me find the error of my ways. I am pretty sure I have
    closed out the <TABLE> tag, etc.

    Thanks!
    Pete
    Peter Bassett, Aug 15, 2003

  2. Peter Bassett pounced upon this pigeonhole and pronounced:
    > My webpage displays 2 tables that list my high school class's in-state and
    > out-of-state alumni - it's at
    > http://www.solotraveller.com/wwhs1981/wherewelive.html

    I get a blank white page.

    > I have 2 arrays - alums in-state and alums out-of-state.
    >
    > I have a function to lay out a table, given an array.
    >
    > I call this function twice - with the in-state array, then with the out-of-
    > state array. I expect these 2 tables to appear sequentially.
    >
    > Then I have a mailto: tag for people to notify me when they move. This is
    > supposed to go at the very bottom of the page, after the 2 tables.
    >
    > BUT, the HTML renders as Table 1, then the mailto: (!!!!), then finally
    > Table 2!
    >
    > Unfortunately I can't see the actual HTML when I View Source, so I'm hoping
    > the group can help me find the error of my ways. I am pretty sure I have
    > closed out the <TABLE> tag, etc.

    Oh. View source... the whole page is JavaScript. Sorry, my browser
    doesn't do JavaScript... :-( Someone else might have an answer.

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 15, 2003

  3. Peter Bassett

    Steven Guest

    Peter Bassett wrote:
    > My webpage displays 2 tables that list my high school class's
    > in-state and out-of-state alumni - it's at
    > http://www.solotraveller.com/wwhs1981/wherewelive.html
    >
    > I have 2 arrays - alums in-state and alums out-of-state.
    >
    > I have a function to lay out a table, given an array.
    >
    > I call this function twice - with the in-state array, then with the
    > out-of- state array. I expect these 2 tables to appear sequentially.
    >
    > Then I have a mailto: tag for people to notify me when they move.
    > This is supposed to go at the very bottom of the page, after the 2
    > tables.
    >
    > BUT, the HTML renders as Table 1, then the mailto: (!!!!), then
    > finally Table 2!
    >
    > Unfortunately I can't see the actual HTML when I View Source, so I'm
    > hoping the group can help me find the error of my ways. I am pretty
    > sure I have closed out the <TABLE> tag, etc.
    >

    > Thanks!
    > Pete

    Mozilla shows the link at the bottom of the page (Internet Exploder
    doesn't).
    Ditch IE and go for Mozilla.
    BTW, the page loaded/rendered awfully slowly under both Mozilla and IE (> 1
    minute).

    Steven
    Steven, Aug 15, 2003
  4. Peter Bassett

    Augustus Guest

    "Peter Bassett" <> wrote in message
    > My webpage displays 2 tables that list my high school class's in-state and
    > out-of-state alumni - it's at
    > http://www.solotraveller.com/wwhs1981/wherewelive.html
    >
    > I have 2 arrays - alums in-state and alums out-of-state.
    >
    > I have a function to lay out a table, given an array.
    >
    > I call this function twice - with the in-state array, then with the

    out-of-
    > state array. I expect these 2 tables to appear sequentially.
    >
    > Then I have a mailto: tag for people to notify me when they move. This is
    > supposed to go at the very bottom of the page, after the 2 tables.
    >
    > BUT, the HTML renders as Table 1, then the mailto: (!!!!), then finally
    > Table 2!
    >
    > Unfortunately I can't see the actual HTML when I View Source, so I'm

    hoping
    > the group can help me find the error of my ways. I am pretty sure I have
    > closed out the <TABLE> tag, etc.

    The 5th to last line of your page is:

    document.write("</table")

    it should be: