Text after 2 tables actually appears between 2 tables !

Peter Bassett

My webpage displays 2 tables that list my high school class's in-state and
out-of-state alumni - it's at
http://www.solotraveller.com/wwhs1981/wherewelive.html

I have 2 arrays - alums in-state and alums out-of-state.

I have a function to lay out a table, given an array.

I call this function twice - with the in-state array, then with the out-of-
state array. I expect these 2 tables to appear sequentially.

Then I have a mailto: tag for people to notify me when they move. This is
supposed to go at the very bottom of the page, after the 2 tables.

BUT, the HTML renders as Table 1, then the mailto: (!!!!), then finally
Table 2!

Unfortunately I can't see the actual HTML when I View Source, so I'm hoping
the group can help me find the error of my ways. I am pretty sure I have
closed out the <TABLE> tag, etc.

Thanks!
Pete

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Peter Bassett pounced upon this pigeonhole and pronounced:
My webpage displays 2 tables that list my high school class's in-state and
out-of-state alumni - it's at
http://www.solotraveller.com/wwhs1981/wherewelive.html

I get a blank white page.

I have 2 arrays - alums in-state and alums out-of-state.

I have a function to lay out a table, given an array.

I call this function twice - with the in-state array, then with the out-of-
state array. I expect these 2 tables to appear sequentially.

Then I have a mailto: tag for people to notify me when they move. This is
supposed to go at the very bottom of the page, after the 2 tables.

BUT, the HTML renders as Table 1, then the mailto: (!!!!), then finally
Table 2!

Unfortunately I can't see the actual HTML when I View Source, so I'm hoping
the group can help me find the error of my ways. I am pretty sure I have
closed out the <TABLE> tag, etc.

Oh. View source... the whole page is JavaScript. Sorry, my browser
doesn't do JavaScript... :-( Someone else might have an answer.

Steven

Peter said:
[...]

Mozilla shows the link at the bottom of the page (Internet Exploder
doesn't).
Ditch IE and go for Mozilla.
BTW, the page loaded/rendered awfully slowly under both Mozilla and IE (> 1
minute).

Steven

Augustus

Peter Bassett said:
My webpage displays 2 tables that list my high school class's in-state and
out-of-state alumni - it's at
http://www.solotraveller.com/wwhs1981/wherewelive.html

I have 2 arrays - alums in-state and alums out-of-state.

I have a function to lay out a table, given an array.

I call this function twice - with the in-state array, then with the out-of-
state array. I expect these 2 tables to appear sequentially.

Then I have a mailto: tag for people to notify me when they move. This is
supposed to go at the very bottom of the page, after the 2 tables.

BUT, the HTML renders as Table 1, then the mailto: (!!!!), then finally
Table 2!

Unfortunately I can't see the actual HTML when I View Source, so I'm hoping
the group can help me find the error of my ways. I am pretty sure I have
closed out the <TABLE> tag, etc.

The 5th to last line of your page is:

document.write("</table")

it should be: