text-align before font?

Big Bill

I have the fonts all sorted out in the style-sheet but I can't get the
class to center. So we have
div.d3
{font-family: blah blah;}
{font: this;}
{font: that;}

and that's all ok, they do what I tell them. Shoving in
{text-align: center;} though has no effect. Any ideas what dumb
mistake I'm making here, folks?

BB

Sid Ismail

:
: and that's all ok, they do what I tell them. Shoving in
: {text-align: center;} though has no effect. Any ideas what dumb
: mistake I'm making here, folks?

Easier to see if you quote a url.

Sid

Jukka K. Korpela

Big Bill said:
I have the fonts all sorted out in the style-sheet but I can't get the
class to center. So we have
div.d3
{font-family: blah blah;}
{font: this;}
{font: that;}

and that's all ok,

It isn't.
they do what I tell them.

Then you're using a broken browser.
Shoving in
{text-align: center;} though has no effect.
Yawn.

Any ideas what dumb
mistake I'm making here, folks?

1. Not checking your CSS with a checker.
2. Not posting the URL.
3. Trying to center text, which is _mostly_ unproductive.

Toby A Inkster

Big said:
div.d3
{font-family: blah blah;}
{font: this;}
{font: that;}

I hope you meant:

div.d3
{font-family: blah blah;
font: this;
font: that;}

Big Bill

: I have the fonts all sorted out in the style-sheet but I can't get the
: class to center. So we have
: div.d3
: {font-family: blah blah;}
: {font: this;}
: {font: that;}
:
: and that's all ok, they do what I tell them. Shoving in
: {text-align: center;} though has no effect. Any ideas what dumb
: mistake I'm making here, folks?

Easier to see if you quote a url.

Sid
S'ok I fixed it ta.