    {text-align: center;} though has no effect. Any ideas what dumb
    mistake I'm making here, folks?

    BB

    Big Bill, Nov 6, 2003

  2. Big Bill

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 12:18:39 +0000, Big Bill <> wrote:

    : I have the fonts all sorted out in the style-sheet but I can't get the
    : class to center. So we have
    : div.d3
    : {font-family: blah blah;}
    : {font: this;}
    : {font: that;}
    :
    : and that's all ok, they do what I tell them. Shoving in
    : {text-align: center;} though has no effect. Any ideas what dumb
    : mistake I'm making here, folks?

    Easier to see if you quote a url.

    Sid

    Sid Ismail, Nov 6, 2003

  3. Big Bill <> wrote:

    > I have the fonts all sorted out in the style-sheet but I can't get the
    > class to center. So we have
    > div.d3
    > {font-family: blah blah;}
    > {font: this;}
    > {font: that;}
    >
    > and that's all ok,

    It isn't.

    > they do what I tell them.

    Then you're using a broken browser.

    > Shoving in
    > {text-align: center;} though has no effect.

    Yawn.

    > Any ideas what dumb
    > mistake I'm making here, folks?

    1. Not checking your CSS with a checker.
    2. Not posting the URL.
    3. Trying to center text, which is _mostly_ unproductive.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Nov 6, 2003
  4. Big Bill wrote:

    > div.d3
    > {font-family: blah blah;}
    > {font: this;}
    > {font: that;}

    I hope you meant:

    div.d3
    {font-family: blah blah;
    font: this;
    font: that;}

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, Nov 6, 2003
  5. Big Bill

    Big Bill Guest

    On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 16:38:05 +0200, Sid Ismail <>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 12:18:39 +0000, Big Bill <> wrote:
    >
    >: I have the fonts all sorted out in the style-sheet but I can't get the
    >: class to center. So we have
    >: div.d3
    >: {font-family: blah blah;}
    >: {font: this;}
    >: {font: that;}
    >:
    >: and that's all ok, they do what I tell them. Shoving in
    >: {text-align: center;} though has no effect. Any ideas what dumb
    >: mistake I'm making here, folks?
    >

    >Easier to see if you quote a url.
    >
    >Sid

    S'ok I fixed it ta.