    aaa= html.HtmlWindow(self, -1, style=wx.SIMPLE_BORDER, size=(250, 60))
    aaa.LoadPage('../../aa.html')

    Thanks!
    Gandalf, Jun 17, 2008

  2. Gandalf

    Gandalf Guest

    On Jun 17, 6:43 pm, Gandalf <> wrote:
    > Hi every one. What is the similar python WX style property for CSS
    > text-align?
    >
    > I need this item text to start from the right direction:
    >
    > aaa= html.HtmlWindow(self, -1, style=wx.SIMPLE_BORDER, size=(250, 60))
    >         aaa.LoadPage('../../aa.html')
    >
    > Thanks!

    *right to the left direction...

    And I'm using pythin 2.5 on XP (I forget to mention...)
    Gandalf, Jun 17, 2008

  3. On Jun 17, 11:45 am, Gandalf <> wrote:
    > On Jun 17, 6:43 pm, Gandalf <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi every one. What is the similar python WX style property for CSS
    > > text-align?

    > > I need this item text to start from the right direction:

    > > aaa= html.HtmlWindow(self, -1, style=wx.SIMPLE_BORDER, size=(250, 60))
    > >         aaa.LoadPage('../../aa.html')

    > > Thanks!

    > *right to the left direction...
    >
    > And I'm using pythin 2.5 on XP (I forget to mention...)

    The HtmlWindow widget can only display simple html. So, while you
    cannot use CSS, you should be able to use the simple html alignment
    directives. Check out the following site for pointers:

    http://www.htmlite.com/lite008.php

    If you want to be able to use CSS and javascript, you'll want to use
    the ActiveX_IEHtmlWindow (wx.lib.iewin) widget instead as it embeds
    Internet Explorer.

    Mike
    Mike Driscoll, Jun 17, 2008
  4. Gandalf

    Gandalf Guest

    On Jun 17, 7:49 pm, Mike Driscoll <> wrote:
    > On Jun 17, 11:45 am, Gandalf <> wrote:
    >
    > > On Jun 17, 6:43 pm, Gandalf <> wrote:

    > > > Hi every one. What is the similar python WX style property for CSS
    > > >text-align?

    > > > I need this item text to start from the right direction:

    > > > aaa= html.HtmlWindow(self, -1, style=wx.SIMPLE_BORDER, size=(250, 60))
    > > >         aaa.LoadPage('../../aa.html')

    > > > Thanks!

    > > *right to the left direction...

    > > And I'm using pythin 2.5 on XP (I forget to mention...)

    > The HtmlWindow widget can only display simple html. So, while you
    > cannot use CSS, you should be able to use the simple html alignment
    > directives. Check out the following site for pointers:
    >
    > http://www.htmlite.com/lite008.php
    >
    > If you want to be able to use CSS and javascript, you'll want to use
    > the ActiveX_IEHtmlWindow (wx.lib.iewin) widget instead as it embeds
    > Internet Explorer.
    >
    > Mike

    well thanks it seems useful...
    My question is about general items in WX and how to position them
    inside an element without using CSS. It's only coincidence My item is
    HtmlWindow
    Gandalf, Jun 17, 2008
  5. Gandalf

    Gandalf Guest

    since you brought up this issue, please tell me where can I fine
    menual for this library?
    can i generate dynamic GUI from it?
    If not, Is there any way to generate dynamic GUI (one that can change
    according to the user input) with HTML-CSS- javascript similar
    environment?
    Gandalf, Jun 17, 2008
  6. On Jun 17, 12:59 pm, Gandalf <> wrote:
    > On Jun 17, 7:49 pm, Mike Driscoll <> wrote:

    > > > *right to the left direction...

    > > > And I'm using pythin 2.5 on XP (I forget to mention...)

    > > The HtmlWindow widget can only display simple html. So, while you
    > > cannot use CSS, you should be able to use the simple html alignment
    > > directives. Check out the following site for pointers:

    > >http://www.htmlite.com/lite008.php

    > > If you want to be able to use CSS and javascript, you'll want to use
    > > the ActiveX_IEHtmlWindow (wx.lib.iewin) widget instead as it embeds
    > > Internet Explorer.

    > > Mike

    > well thanks it seems useful...
    > My question is about general items in WX and how to position them
    > inside an element without using CSS. It's only coincidence My item is
    > HtmlWindow

    Positioning the widgets within a container widgets (such as a
    wx.Window, wx.Panel or wx.Frame) is usually done with sizers.
    Something like this:

    mySizer.Add(myWidget, 0, wx.ALIGN_RIGHT)

    I've written a few tutorials on aligning widgets in various types of
    sizers. You might find them helpful. There are located here:
    http://www.blog.pythonlibrary.org

    You might also find this site useful too: http://www.zetcode.com/wxpython/layout/

    Mike
    Mike Driscoll, Jun 17, 2008
  7. On Jun 17, 1:20 pm, Gandalf <> wrote:
    > since you brought up this issue, please tell me where can I fine
    > menual for this library?

    You want the manual for wxPython? Go to the download page on the
    Official wxPython page and get the Docs & Demos package:
    http://wxpython.org/download.php

    That include the wxWidgets Reference. Also see: http://wxpython.org/onlinedocs.php

    > can i generate dynamic GUI from it?

    Not sure what you mean by this. If you know how to create a "dynamic
    GUI" with html/ajax or some such based on the user's interactions with
    your website, than it should work in the embedded browser just as well
    as it would in a non-embedded one.

    > If not, Is there any way to generate dynamic GUI (one that can change
    > according to the user input) with HTML-CSS- javascript similar
    > environment?

    Mike
    Mike Driscoll, Jun 17, 2008
  8. Gandalf

    Gandalf Guest

    On Jun 17, 8:43 pm, Mike Driscoll <> wrote:
    > On Jun 17, 1:20 pm, Gandalf <> wrote:
    >
    > > since you brought up this issue, please tell me where can I fine
    > > menual for this library?

    > You want the manual for wxPython? Go to the download page on the
    > Official wxPython page and get the Docs & Demos package:http://wxpython.org/download.php
    >
    > That include the wxWidgets Reference. Also see:http://wxpython.org/onlinedocs.php
    >
    > > can i generate dynamic GUI from it?

    > Not sure what you mean by this. If you know how to create a "dynamic
    > GUI" with html/ajax or some such based on the user's interactions with
    > your website, than it should work in the embedded browser just as well
    > as it would in a non-embedded one.
    >
    > > If not, Is there any way to generate dynamic GUI (one that can change
    > > according to the user input) with HTML-CSS- javascript similar
    > > environment?

    > Mike

    Hi Mike, I was referring to the ActiveX_IEHtmlWindow which you talked
    about, when I asked you for a tutorial.
    I have lots of experience on developing web application so if I could
    implement some of my knowledge for developing none web application it
    can save me trouble

    thanks
    Gandalf, Jun 17, 2008