text alignment

Gandalf

Hi every one. What is the similar python WX style property for CSS
text-align?

I need this item text to start from the right direction:

aaa= html.HtmlWindow(self, -1, style=wx.SIMPLE_BORDER, size=(250, 60))
aaa.LoadPage('../../aa.html')

Thanks!

Gandalf

Hi every one. What is the similar python WX style property for CSS
text-align?

I need this item text to start from the right direction:

aaa= html.HtmlWindow(self, -1, style=wx.SIMPLE_BORDER, size=(250, 60))
        aaa.LoadPage('../../aa.html')

Thanks!

*right to the left direction...

And I'm using pythin 2.5 on XP (I forget to mention...)

Mike Driscoll

*right to the left direction...

And I'm using pythin 2.5 on XP (I forget to mention...)

The HtmlWindow widget can only display simple html. So, while you
cannot use CSS, you should be able to use the simple html alignment
directives. Check out the following site for pointers:

http://www.htmlite.com/lite008.php

If you want to be able to use CSS and javascript, you'll want to use
the ActiveX_IEHtmlWindow (wx.lib.iewin) widget instead as it embeds
Internet Explorer.

Mike

Gandalf

The HtmlWindow widget can only display simple html. So, while you
cannot use CSS, you should be able to use the simple html alignment
directives. Check out the following site for pointers:

http://www.htmlite.com/lite008.php

If you want to be able to use CSS and javascript, you'll want to use
the ActiveX_IEHtmlWindow (wx.lib.iewin) widget instead as it embeds
Internet Explorer.

Mike

well thanks it seems useful...
My question is about general items in WX and how to position them
inside an element without using CSS. It's only coincidence My item is
HtmlWindow

Gandalf

since you brought up this issue, please tell me where can I fine
menual for this library?
can i generate dynamic GUI from it?
If not, Is there any way to generate dynamic GUI (one that can change
according to the user input) with HTML-CSS- javascript similar
environment?

Mike Driscoll

well thanks it seems useful...
My question is about general items in WX and how to position them
inside an element without using CSS. It's only coincidence My item is
HtmlWindow

Positioning the widgets within a container widgets (such as a
wx.Window, wx.Panel or wx.Frame) is usually done with sizers.
Something like this:

mySizer.Add(myWidget, 0, wx.ALIGN_RIGHT)

I've written a few tutorials on aligning widgets in various types of
sizers. You might find them helpful. There are located here:
http://www.blog.pythonlibrary.org

You might also find this site useful too: http://www.zetcode.com/wxpython/layout/

Mike

Mike Driscoll

since you brought up this issue, please tell me where can I fine
menual for this library?

You want the manual for wxPython? Go to the download page on the
Official wxPython page and get the Docs & Demos package:
http://wxpython.org/download.php

That include the wxWidgets Reference. Also see: http://wxpython.org/onlinedocs.php

can i generate dynamic GUI from it?

Not sure what you mean by this. If you know how to create a "dynamic
GUI" with html/ajax or some such based on the user's interactions with
your website, than it should work in the embedded browser just as well
as it would in a non-embedded one.

If not, Is there any way to generate dynamic GUI (one that can change
according to the user input) with HTML-CSS- javascript similar
environment?

Mike

Gandalf

You want the manual for wxPython? Go to the download page on the
Official wxPython page and get the Docs & Demos package:http://wxpython.org/download.php

That include the wxWidgets Reference. Also see:http://wxpython.org/onlinedocs.php

Not sure what you mean by this. If you know how to create a "dynamic
GUI" with html/ajax or some such based on the user's interactions with
your website, than it should work in the embedded browser just as well
as it would in a non-embedded one.

Mike

Hi Mike, I was referring to the ActiveX_IEHtmlWindow which you talked
about, when I asked you for a tutorial.
I have lots of experience on developing web application so if I could
implement some of my knowledge for developing none web application it
can save me trouble

thanks