    page (specifically: it's a large picture and the text is the picture name),
    no matter how I shift the picture.
    Thank you...

    salonowiec, Oct 15, 2009

  2. salonowiec

    dorayme Guest

    In article <hb7rqj$mph$>,
    "salonowiec" <> wrote:

    > I want my small text to always stay in the center of the
    > page (specifically: it's a large picture and the text is the picture name),
    > no matter how I shift the picture.

    What do you mean by center? In relation to width of browser viewport or
    height or both? What has the picture got to do with the matter if you
    want the text to be independent of the picture?

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Oct 15, 2009

  3. salonowiec

    salonowiec Guest

    Uzytkownik "dorayme" <> napisal w wiadomosci
    > In article <hb7rqj$mph$>,
    >
    > What do you mean by center? In relation to width of browser viewport or
    > height or both? What has the picture got to do with the matter if you
    > want the text to be independent of the picture?
    >
    > --
    > dorayme

    In relation to both... I'm sorry, looks like I found the solution, it's
    "Position: fixed"...
    Thank you.

    salonowiec, Oct 16, 2009
  4. On Oct 16, 4:31 am, "salonowiec" <> wrote:
    > In relation to both... I'm sorry, looks like I found the solution, it's
    > "Position: fixed"...

    This sounds like a future candidate for worst website...

    Travis Newbury, Oct 16, 2009
  5. salonowiec

    rf Guest

    "salonowiec" <> wrote in message

    > Uzytkownik "dorayme" <> napisal w wiadomosci
    >> In article <hb7rqj$mph$>,
    >>
    >> What do you mean by center? In relation to width of browser viewport or
    >> height or both? What has the picture got to do with the matter if you
    >> want the text to be independent of the picture?
    >>
    >> --
    >> dorayme

    > In relation to both... I'm sorry, looks like I found the solution, it's
    > "Position: fixed"...

    No, you have not found the solution, not at all.

    What if I change the width or height of my browser window? Have you tested
    your "solution" while doing this?

    rf, Oct 16, 2009
  6. salonowiec

    SAZ Guest

    In article <hb9b0m$mvk$>,
    says...

    > Uzytkownik "dorayme" <> napisal w wiadomosci
    > > In article <hb7rqj$mph$>,
    > >
    > > What do you mean by center? In relation to width of browser viewport or
    > > height or both? What has the picture got to do with the matter if you
    > > want the text to be independent of the picture?
    > >
    > > --
    > > dorayme

    > In relation to both... I'm sorry, looks like I found the solution, it's
    > "Position: fixed"...
    > Thank you.

    Wrong solution. This will not work if you resize the browser.

    For a down and dirty way:

    <center>This text is centered</center>

    But there are better alternatives using CSS and if you Googled, you
    would know this:

    http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=
    1T4IRFC_enUS344US344&q=how+to+center+text+in+a+web+page

    SAZ, Oct 16, 2009
  7. salonowiec

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Travis Newbury <> wrote:

    > On Oct 16, 4:31 am, "salonowiec" <> wrote:
    > > In relation to both... I'm sorry, looks like I found the solution, it's
    > > "Position: fixed"...

    > This sounds like a future candidate for worst website...

    There is healthy cynicism and there is ... you, my dear Travis! <g>

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Oct 16, 2009