    Firefox. I can't seem to figure out why. Could it be a bug in Opera?
    http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2qnht/about.html Any info would be
    appreciated.

    fj, Aug 22, 2007

  2. fj wrote:

    > When I put the mouse over a link in Opera the paragraph text and two graphic
    > rules reposition themselves slightly. It doesnt do it in IE7, Netscape or
    > Firefox. I can't seem to figure out why. Could it be a bug in Opera?
    > http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2qnht/about.html Any info would be
    > appreciated.

    Maybe it is the: letter-spacing: 1px;
    Try removing that.

    Further comments:
    1) The purple background on about.html doesn't work well at all.
    2. Drop the .9em font size and the Verdana. See:
    http://k75s.home.att.net/fontsize.html
    3. There is no consistency between pages. The site is disjointed.
    4. Don't open new pages in a new tab or window.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 22, 2007

  3. fj

    John Hosking Guest

    fj wrote:
    > When I put the mouse over a link in Opera the paragraph text and two graphic
    > rules reposition themselves slightly. It doesnt do it in IE7, Netscape or
    > Firefox. I can't seem to figure out why. Could it be a bug in Opera?
    > http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2qnht/about.html Any info would be
    > appreciated.

    Just a guess without studying it too much, but I see this in the CSS:

    a {
    color: #666;
    text-decoration: none; }

    a:hover {
    color: #000;
    border-bottom: solid 2px #000; }

    I'm guessing Opera exhibits a different behavior because of the lack of
    a 2px bottom border without hover. Don't know why FF doesn't, though.

    --
    John
    Pondering the value of the UIP: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

    John Hosking, Aug 22, 2007