    text to the left side of the table, it gets inserted above. When I try
    to enter the text on the right it gets stuck on the bottom. How do I
    insert code to the sides of a table?

    dolfantimmy, Nov 8, 2006

  2. dolfantimmy wrote:

    > I am fairly new to actually developing sites, though I have been
    > hosting various "pre-developed" sites for years. Anyway, one thing is
    > driving me nuts. I find very nice "templates" to start with when
    > creating my pages. But, I often run in to this same issue. The page
    > is simply a table, centered, with various text of different sizes in
    > the single columned table.

    Try to stay away from templates using fixed-size centered tables for
    layout. After all, this is the 21st century.

    > I'd like to add menu items, or perhaps adsense to the left and right
    > of the table. But, be it in dreamweaver or golive,

    Someone posted a "Golive" site for review recently. The HTML it builds
    was pure crap. (I'm trying to be polite.) Dreamweaver, in the hands of
    an experienced developer can do rather well.

    If you don't want to spend a bit of time learning how to write HTML with
    a text editor, have a look at NVu, a rather good little tool for
    amateurs.

    http://www.nvu.com/

    For Windows, I like Crimson Editor. This is an editor, not a WYSIWYDG
    tool.
    http://crimsoneditor.com/

    > when I try to enter text to the left side of the table, it gets
    > inserted above. When I try to enter the text on the right it gets
    > stuck on the bottom. How do I insert code to the sides of a table?

    Why not look at some templates that show two- and three-column layouts
    (and do not use tables)? For example:

    http://benmeadowcroft.com/webdev/csstemplates/3-column.html

    Notice how it floats (is liquid) with just about any browser window
    size.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 8, 2006

  3. dolfantimmy

    IchBin Guest

    dolfantimmy wrote:
    > I am fairly new to actually developing sites, though I have been
    > hosting various "pre-developed" sites for years. Anyway, one thing is
    > driving me nuts. I find very nice "templates" to start with when
    > creating my pages. But, I often run in to this same issue. The page is
    > simply a table, centered, with various text of different sizes in the
    > single columned table.
    >
    > I'd like to add menu items, or perhaps adsense to the left and right of
    > the table. But, be it in dreamweaver or golive, when I try to enter
    > text to the left side of the table, it gets inserted above. When I try
    > to enter the text on the right it gets stuck on the bottom. How do I
    > insert code to the sides of a table?

    Try build forms using CSS

    --
    Thanks in Advance... http://ichbin.9999mb.com