    I hope you understand what I mean and even more that there is a solution to
    this!

    TIA!
    Glycerine, Apr 5, 2006

  2. Glycerine wrote:

    > It seems really tedious to make a whole pile of html-files with a comment
    > in them and to call those up simultaneously with the picture file, so
    > isn't there a way to assign a space (for example a cell in a table, a
    > frame,

    Tedious? Well, if you do it by hand, yes. Get a templating engine to do it
    for you. Write a template, then drop in a set of filenames and captions and
    watch as HTML documents come out the other end.

    I'm fond of http://www.template-toolkit.org/

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
    David Dorward, Apr 5, 2006

  3. Glycerine

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    "Glycerine" <> wrote:

    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I'm trying to get a hyperlink to do two things:
    > a) open a particular html-file or jpg-file in an iframe (e.g. a picture of
    > my cat)
    > b) show a comment above the opened file/picture (e.g. "this is my cat")
    >
    > So the obvious question is: is it possible to have text as output? It seems
    > really tedious to make a whole pile of html-files with a comment in them and
    > to call those up simultaneously with the picture file, so isn't there a way
    > to assign a space (for example a cell in a table, a frame, etc.) where text
    > can be loaded? Is there maybe some sort of way to add this to your <a href>
    > tag?
    >
    > I hope you understand what I mean and even more that there is a solution to
    > this!

    If the link goes to an html file, then you are not having to
    tediously make them - the pic would be on the poage then, and
    there would be perhaps text, borders, centering etc, ie, a web
    page. If it goes to a picture file, then no, there can be no text
    unless you have included pictures of words on the picture.

    You could do this: put a title in your link to tell the user what
    they are about to see. <a href="cat.jpg" title="...torturing a
    mouse actually">my cat</a> and a tool-tip should show up, ie, a
    little bit of text impossible to miss on hovering in most
    browsers.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Apr 5, 2006