Text automatically scrolling in ASP.Net

Paul S

Hi
I have a screen display news data stored in a database. Sometimes the amount
of data displayed exceeds the screen size. How can I make this scroll
automatically over and over again ?
thank Paul S

Munna

Hi
I have a screen display news data stored in a database. Sometimes the amount
of data displayed exceeds the screen size. How can I make this scroll
automatically over and over again ?
thank Paul S

Hi

to scroll page or document element you can use

window.scrollTo
or
window.scrollBy

dom methods...

when your page's content change check the height of the document
element
if it exceeds the screen size make scroll your content..

Best of luck

Munna
www.munna.shatkotha.com
www.munna.shatkotha.com/blog
www.shatkotha.com

Paul S

Thanks, but how do I make it scroll automatically - over and over again
thanks Paul S

Michael Nemtsev [MVP]

Hello Paul,

You need to know how much text do you have, for example number of lines
and then you can use window.scrollByLines() or window.scrollByPages()

---
WBR,

PS> Thanks, but how do I make it scroll automatically - over and over
PS> again thanks Paul S
PS>
PS> "Munna" wrote:

Paul S

Hi Michael
The information has a ValidFrom property and a ValidTo property indicating
when it should be displayed so I have to calculate it when I generate the
page. I thought of building a table dynamically.
thanks
Paul S

Michael Nemtsev said:
Hello Paul,

You need to know how much text do you have, for example number of lines
and then you can use window.scrollByLines() or window.scrollByPages()

---
WBR,

PS> Thanks, but how do I make it scroll automatically - over and over
PS> again thanks Paul S
PS>
PS> "Munna" wrote:

Michael Nemtsev [MVP]

Hello Paul,

why to do in on server side?! rely on client, and do it via DOM model, because
you can't be sure about the opened size of browser window.

javascript will do this job smoothly

---
WBR,

PS> Hi Michael
PS> The information has a ValidFrom property and a ValidTo property
PS> indicating
PS> when it should be displayed so I have to calculate it when I
PS> generate the
PS> page. I thought of building a table dynamically.
PS> thanks
PS> Paul S
PS> "Michael Nemtsev [MVP]" wrote:

Hello Paul,

You need to know how much text do you have, for example number of
lines and then you can use window.scrollByLines() or
window.scrollByPages()

---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP] :: blog:
http://spaces.live.com/laflour
"The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high
and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it" (c)
Michelangelo

PS> Thanks, but how do I make it scroll automatically - over and over
PS> again thanks Paul S
PS>
PS> "Munna" wrote:

Hi
I have a screen display news data stored in a database. Sometimes
the amount
of data displayed exceeds the screen size. How can I make this
scroll
automatically over and over again ?
thank Paul S
Hi

to scroll page or document element you can use

window.scrollTo
or
window.scrollBy
dom methods...
when your page's content change check the height of the document
element
if it exceeds the screen size make scroll your content..
Best of luck
Munna
www.munna.shatkotha.com
www.munna.shatkotha.com/blog
www.shatkotha.com

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Try using one of the JavaScript scrollers out there. You will have to load
the text from your code behind, but that should be all you have to do to get
it working, at least in a basic implementation. If you want reuse, you will
make a server control that spits out the JavaScript.

Joined
Jun 2, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi my friends

there are a lot of java scripts for scrolling the direction you like
and maybe the best one is
( <MARQUEE onmouseover=this.stop() onmouseout=this.start() scrollAmount=2 scrollDelay=90 direction=up align="center">you can put your text here </MARQUEE> )

and from scrollAmount you can adjust the scrolling speed
and from direction you chose whatever

i'm sorry this is line by line scrolling put if you want page by page scrolling I'll put it for you

and you know i have a lote of ways to do so

you can check our hospital website

www.alnoorhospital.com

Regards