    of data displayed exceeds the screen size. How can I make this scroll
    automatically over and over again ?
    thank Paul S
    Paul S, Jun 2, 2008

  2. Paul S

    Munna Guest

    On Jun 2, 5:08 pm, Paul S <> wrote:
    > Hi
    > I have a screen display news data stored in a database. Sometimes the amount
    > of data displayed exceeds the screen size. How can I make this scroll
    > automatically over and over again ?
    > thank Paul S

    Hi

    to scroll page or document element you can use

    window.scrollTo
    or
    window.scrollBy

    dom methods...

    when your page's content change check the height of the document
    element
    if it exceeds the screen size make scroll your content..

    Best of luck

    Munna
    www.munna.shatkotha.com
    www.munna.shatkotha.com/blog
    www.shatkotha.com
    Munna, Jun 2, 2008

  3. Paul S

    Paul S Guest

    Thanks, but how do I make it scroll automatically - over and over again
    thanks Paul S

    Paul S, Jun 2, 2008
  4. Hello Paul,

    You need to know how much text do you have, for example number of lines
    and then you can use window.scrollByLines() or window.scrollByPages()

    ---
    WBR,

    Michael Nemtsev [MVP], Jun 2, 2008
  5. Paul S

    Paul S Guest

    Hi Michael
    The information has a ValidFrom property and a ValidTo property indicating
    when it should be displayed so I have to calculate it when I generate the
    page. I thought of building a table dynamically.
    thanks
    Paul S

    Paul S, Jun 2, 2008
  6. Hello Paul,

    why to do in on server side?! rely on client, and do it via DOM model, because
    you can't be sure about the opened size of browser window.

    javascript will do this job smoothly

    ---
    WBR,

    Michael Nemtsev [MVP], Jun 2, 2008
  7. Try using one of the JavaScript scrollers out there. You will have to load
    the text from your code behind, but that should be all you have to do to get
    it working, at least in a basic implementation. If you want reuse, you will
    make a server control that spits out the JavaScript.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Subscribe to my blog

    or just read it:
    http://gregorybeamer.spaces.live.com/

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Jun 2, 2008
  8. Paul S

    silver007

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Hi my friends

    there are a lot of java scripts for scrolling the direction you like
    and maybe the best one is
    ( <MARQUEE onmouseover=this.stop() onmouseout=this.start() scrollAmount=2 scrollDelay=90 direction=up align="center">you can put your text here </MARQUEE> )

    and from scrollAmount you can adjust the scrolling speed
    and from direction you chose whatever

    i'm sorry this is line by line scrolling put if you want page by page scrolling I'll put it for you

    and you know i have a lote of ways to do so

    you can check our hospital website

    www.alnoorhospital.com

    Regards
    silver007, Jun 2, 2008