Text box data binding

FredBloggs012

If I code a textbox text property to be data bound eg
Text='<%# DataBinder.Eval(DataSet11, "Tables[COMPANY].DefaultView.[0].Name") %>'
will the data entered into the textbox update the bound dataset? If so, when in the page processing cycle will it be updated?

Scott M.

It won't be updated at all. You will need to create an update button and an
eventhandler for that button. You then take the value from the textbox and
place that value into your dataset. From there you have your DataAdapter
update the original data source and refresh the rest of the data by
rebinding all the controls.