Text box in Form Cutting Text

Jay

I have a form on asp page that pulls info from a DB when the page loads.
It them puts the info into text boxes on the page that are editable by the
user. The only problem I have is say in the description text box it should
read "HP Laserjet 5Si" , it always cuts the text off where it just says "HP"
.. It does this on all the text boxes? I can't seem to figure out why it
is doing it. Here is the sample code:

With quotes around <%= vdesc%>

vdesc%>"></td>

And I tried it without.

Thanks for the help.

Roland Hall

:
: I have a form on asp page that pulls info from a DB when the page loads.
: It them puts the info into text boxes on the page that are editable by the
: user. The only problem I have is say in the description text box it
should
: read "HP Laserjet 5Si" , it always cuts the text off where it just says
"HP"
: . It does this on all the text boxes? I can't seem to figure out why it
: is doing it. Here is the sample code:
:
: With quotes around <%= vdesc%>
:
: <td><input name="desc" type="text" id="desc" size="45"
value="<%=
: vdesc%>"></td>

I don't see a problem with what you've shown. Try this and see what you
get.
%>"></td>

If the length is the same as what you're getting, it is not being truncated
here. It is happening somewhere else in the ASP code.

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */

Bullschmidt

Just a shot in the dark but perhaps try changing this:
vdesc%>"></td>

To be this instead:
value="<%=
vdesc%>"></td>