Text colour help with CSS please

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Neil, Nov 15, 2003.

  1. Neil

    Neil Guest

    Hi,
    I have one set of <font> tags that I don't know how to get rid of with
    the style sheet, and I was wondering if you might be able to help
    please?

    Here's the style sheet stuff that's relevent......

    div.home{
    position:absolute;
    left:490px;
    top:175px;
    width:230px;
    height:252px;
    z-index:5;
    font-size: 18px;
    font-weight: bold;
    text-align: center;
    }

    ........As you can see, the style sheet is responsible for the
    postioning of the layer, which contains text. Here's the text.........

    Multimedia Information Technology entity that delivers and brokers
    services across the IT spectrum. Our prime philosophy is based on
    constant consultation with all involved in any given project and to
    work together as a team with clients to deliver an outcome that
    reflects the desired outcome to the Max</div>

    You can see that I want the words "Maximise I.T." to be yellow. The
    rest of the text is the default black colour. How can I make those
    words yellow in the style sheet, without disturbing the layer so that
    I can get rid of the <font> tags????

    Thanks for looking :)
    Neil

    Neil, Nov 15, 2003

  2. In article <>, Neil
    <> wrote:

    > Here's the style sheet stuff that's relevent......
    >
    > div.home{
    > position:absolute;
    > left:490px;
    > top:175px;
    > width:230px;
    > height:252px;
    > z-index:5;
    > font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    > font-size: 18px;
    > font-weight: bold;
    > text-align: center;
    > }

    Looks like a job for span.
    Add span.yellow {color: #ffff00; background: "whatever your background
    is";} to the stylesheet.

    > Multimedia Information Technology entity that delivers and brokers

    Change <font color="#FFFF00">Maximise I.T.</font> to <span
    class="yellow">Maximise I.T.</span> and you should be in business.

    leo

    --
    <http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/>

    Leonard Blaisdell, Nov 15, 2003

  3. Neil

    altamir Guest

    Neil <> wrote in

    > How can I make those words yellow in the style sheet, without disturbing
    > the layer so that I can get rid of the <font> tags????

    and in the stylesheet:

    div.home span {color:yellow}

    you can also use 'strong' or 'em' elements instead of 'span'.

    --
    altamir

    altamir, Nov 15, 2003
  4. Neil

    Neil Guest

    On 15 Nov 2003 10:21:53 GMT, altamir <> wrote:

    >Neil <> wrote in
    >
    >> How can I make those words yellow in the style sheet, without disturbing
    >> the layer so that I can get rid of the <font> tags????

    >and in the stylesheet:
    >
    >div.home span {color:yellow}
    >
    >you can also use 'strong' or 'em' elements instead of 'span'.

    Perfect. Thank you :)

    Neil

    Neil, Nov 15, 2003