    it so the table width is respected. However in Firefox it just pushes the
    table width out. I've not specified in the table that there be "nowrap".
    How do I get Firefox to neatly do a line feed?

    Shabam, Jan 14, 2005

  2. Shabam

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "Shabam" <> wrote:

    >I have a table of fixed width, and in a table cell inside, I have some text.
    >When this text gets too long (no space), in IE it neatly does a line feed on
    >it so the table width is respected. However in Firefox it just pushes the
    >table width out.

    Your text might contain some character that IE considers to be an
    allowed place to break a line whlst FF doesn't. Without a URL there's
    no way we can tell.

    >I've not specified in the table that there be "nowrap".
    >How do I get Firefox to neatly do a line feed?

    Put some spaces into the text.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh, Jan 14, 2005

  3. Shabam

    Shabam Guest

    I've figured out the problem now. When there's a "]" character in the
    string, IE will wrap it, even when there are no spaces. With Firefox it
    doesn't. If I change that character to "a", IE no longer wraps it and
    pushes the table width out.

    Is there a way to force a line feed even when there are no spaces so that a
    table's width is preserved?

    Shabam, Jan 14, 2005