Text doesn't wrap in Firefox but does in IE

Shabam

I have a table of fixed width, and in a table cell inside, I have some text.
When this text gets too long (no space), in IE it neatly does a line feed on
it so the table width is respected. However in Firefox it just pushes the
table width out. I've not specified in the table that there be "nowrap".
How do I get Firefox to neatly do a line feed?

Steve Pugh

Shabam said:
I have a table of fixed width, and in a table cell inside, I have some text.
When this text gets too long (no space), in IE it neatly does a line feed on
it so the table width is respected. However in Firefox it just pushes the
table width out.

Your text might contain some character that IE considers to be an
allowed place to break a line whlst FF doesn't. Without a URL there's
no way we can tell.
I've not specified in the table that there be "nowrap".
How do I get Firefox to neatly do a line feed?

Put some spaces into the text.

Steve

Shabam

I've figured out the problem now. When there's a "]" character in the
string, IE will wrap it, even when there are no spaces. With Firefox it
doesn't. If I change that character to "a", IE no longer wraps it and
pushes the table width out.

Is there a way to force a line feed even when there are no spaces so that a
table's width is preserved?