Text Drop Down Menu

Angie H.

Anyone know how to create a drop down menu where the user can enter text
also?

If they do not want to choose an answer from the drop down menu, the
users can just enter their own answers in the drop down box. Anyone
know if this is possible?

Thankx!
Angie

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

No such thing in HTML, sorry. Maybe you could do something like that in
Flash?

Jim in Arizona

I'm actually working on something very similar to this although I'm not
using all html.

I'm making an asp page for the HR department to edit internal job postings.
I'm trying to put all the administrative tasks on them so I can focus on
other jobs. This means leaving all the typing to them.

My idea (that i'm in the middle of creating):
Create an access database with a table that contains your list of select
items. Then use ASP to auto populate the select list from list in the table
of your database. Then, make another text field that someone can type in. If
there is not an item in the select list, the user could type it in the text
input field and have that post to the table on your database, which would
add it to the select list.

The ASP code for all this is something I'm still figuring out. For the auto
populating part, see my last topic in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.db

Jim

Jeff Cochran

Anyone know how to create a drop down menu where the user can enter text
also?
If they do not want to choose an answer from the drop down menu, the
users can just enter their own answers in the drop down box. Anyone
know if this is possible?

Not in ASP, though some Javascript or an ActiveX control would be able
to.

Jeff