    know if this is possible?

    Thankx!
    Angie

    Angie H., Dec 16, 2004

  2. No such thing in HTML, sorry. Maybe you could do something like that in
    Flash?

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Dec 16, 2004

  3. I'm actually working on something very similar to this although I'm not
    using all html.

    I'm making an asp page for the HR department to edit internal job postings.
    I'm trying to put all the administrative tasks on them so I can focus on
    other jobs. This means leaving all the typing to them.

    My idea (that i'm in the middle of creating):
    Create an access database with a table that contains your list of select
    items. Then use ASP to auto populate the select list from list in the table
    of your database. Then, make another text field that someone can type in. If
    there is not an item in the select list, the user could type it in the text
    input field and have that post to the table on your database, which would
    add it to the select list.

    The ASP code for all this is something I'm still figuring out. For the auto
    populating part, see my last topic in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.db

    Jim

    Jim in Arizona, Dec 16, 2004
  4. Angie H.

    Tim Williams Guest

    http://www.ycode.com/ComboBox/Latest/combo_box_simple.htm

    Tim

    Tim Williams, Dec 16, 2004
  5. Angie H.

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 12:49:32 -0800, Angie H. <>
    wrote:

    >Anyone know how to create a drop down menu where the user can enter text
    >also?

    >If they do not want to choose an answer from the drop down menu, the
    >users can just enter their own answers in the drop down box. Anyone
    >know if this is possible?

    Not in ASP, though some Javascript or an ActiveX control would be able
    to.

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Dec 17, 2004