    How do you do it?

    Thanks in advance

    - Nicolaas

    windandwaves, Jun 1, 2005

  2. windandwaves

    mbstevens Guest

    windandwaves wrote:
    > Hi Folk
    >
    > As a web editor, I often get text delivered to me in, for example, a Word
    > document with the request to place it on a page.
    >
    > The problem is that Word and its cousins use all sorts of funny characters
    > that should not be used on the page (e.g. MS specific characters).
    >
    > I am about to make my own text converter that cleans up all this business,
    > but I was wondering if there are any tools out there that prepare text for
    > web.... something nice and simple.

    The 'recode' command line tool is popular on 'nix
    and an older version runs on Win:
    http://recode.progiciels-bpi.ca/
    http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1345.html
    --
    mbstevens
    http://www.mbstevens.com/

    mbstevens, Jun 2, 2005

  3. windandwaves

    data64 Guest

    "windandwaves" <> wrote in news:429e3952$1
    @clear.net.nz:

    > Hi Folk
    >
    > As a web editor, I often get text delivered to me in, for example, a Word
    > document with the request to place it on a page.
    >
    > The problem is that Word and its cousins use all sorts of funny characters
    > that should not be used on the page (e.g. MS specific characters).
    >
    > I am about to make my own text converter that cleans up all this business,
    > but I was wondering if there are any tools out there that prepare text for
    > web.... something nice and simple.

    I would try Html Tidy first.
    http://tidy.sourceforge.net/

    Specifically the word-2000 option
    http://tidy.sourceforge.net/docs/quickref.html#word-2000

    Also, Dreamweaver has some features to do something similar.

    data64

    data64, Jun 2, 2005