Text field sizes in forms

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Chad Lupkes, Aug 14, 2003.

  1. Chad Lupkes

    Chad Lupkes Guest

    Hi everyone,

    I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong, but my form fields seem to be
    restricted to the size of a single column in my table, even though I specify
    the sizes of each and use colspan to extend the table cells to give them
    more room.

    What's wrong with my code here?

    http://www.bobgelbcampaign.com/feedback.shtml

    --
    Chad Lupkes

    http://www.seattlewebcrafters.com/

    ---

    Chad Lupkes, Aug 14, 2003

  2. Chad Lupkes

    Sean Jorden Guest

    "Chad Lupkes" <> wrote in

    > What's wrong with my code here?

    use size="" instead of width="" for text boxes.

    Sean Jorden, Aug 14, 2003

  3. Chad Lupkes

    Chad Lupkes Guest

    doh!

    Thanks!

    Chad Lupkes, Aug 14, 2003
  4. "Chad Lupkes" <> wrote:

    > What's wrong with my code here?
    >
    > http://www.bobgelbcampaign.com/feedback.shtml

    Well, since you asked,
    - hardly visible at all when background image is not shown
    - action="mailto:..." (guaranteed to result in a loss of messages)
    - reset button
    - "Feeback"
    - "You can click yes to the alerts that will come up."
    (How could you possibly know? Will you pay the damages?)
    - "Type your comments here!" is a poor initial value.
    Do you really want people to send that message by default?
    - Lack of E-mail address to be used as an alternative for
    sending feedback.

    (Compared to these, text field sizes are really a minor problem.)

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Aug 14, 2003