    Thank you very much in advance.

    Cheers

    , Jul 20, 2006

  2. Dylan Sung Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a bash script on linux that generates system information to an
    > ordinary text file. Now I want to get this information generated to an
    > html file.
    > I'll modify the script to create the links, etc, but there are some
    > output generated by system commands that will lose formatting when
    > opened by the browser.
    > How can I have a block of pure text on a html file without loosing the
    > formatting?
    >
    > Thank you very much in advance.
    >
    > Cheers

    Surround it with <PRE> tags usually does the trick.

    Dyl.

    Dylan Sung, Jul 20, 2006

  3. In article <>,
    wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a bash script on linux that generates system information to an
    > ordinary text file. Now I want to get this information generated to an
    > html file.
    > I'll modify the script to create the links, etc, but there are some
    > output generated by system commands that will lose formatting when
    > opened by the browser.
    > How can I have a block of pure text on a html file without loosing the
    > formatting?

    Look at the PRE element
    <http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/text.html#edef-PRE> unless I
    misunderstand.

    leo

    --
    <http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/>

    Leonard Blaisdell, Jul 20, 2006

    Thank you very much for your help. It was exactly what I was looking
    for!

    Cheers.

    , Jul 21, 2006