Text format output to an html file

alves.carlos

Hello,

I have a bash script on linux that generates system information to an
ordinary text file. Now I want to get this information generated to an
html file.
I'll modify the script to create the links, etc, but there are some
output generated by system commands that will lose formatting when
opened by the browser.
How can I have a block of pure text on a html file without loosing the
formatting?

Thank you very much in advance.

Cheers

Dylan Sung

Hello,

I have a bash script on linux that generates system information to an
ordinary text file. Now I want to get this information generated to an
html file.
I'll modify the script to create the links, etc, but there are some
output generated by system commands that will lose formatting when
opened by the browser.
How can I have a block of pure text on a html file without loosing the
formatting?

Thank you very much in advance.

Cheers

Surround it with <PRE> tags usually does the trick.

Dyl.

Leonard Blaisdell

Hello,

I have a bash script on linux that generates system information to an
ordinary text file. Now I want to get this information generated to an
html file.
I'll modify the script to create the links, etc, but there are some
output generated by system commands that will lose formatting when
opened by the browser.
How can I have a block of pure text on a html file without loosing the
formatting?

Look at the PRE element
<http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/text.html#edef-PRE> unless I
misunderstand.

leo

alves.carlos

Thank you very much for your help. It was exactly what I was looking
for!

Cheers.