Text in bottom right-hand corner

©

©®

Is it possible to have text in the bottom right-hand corner no matter
the resolution of the screen size or window?
Just thinking of a generic © info text etc.
thanks

brucie

Is it possible to have text in the bottom right-hand corner no matter
the resolution of the screen size or window?

p{position:absolute;bottom:0;right:0;}

©

©®

p{position:absolute;bottom:0;right:0;}

Is the first line like a css style?
Would I just copy the two lines and paste them somewhere into the BODY
of the html file?
Thanks

Luigi Donatello Asero

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
It depends on whether you want to use a relative style sheet or not.
This option might be good if you have many pages, I guess
Perhaps this link is useful
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/present/styles.html

If you do not want to use a relative style sheet, as far as I understand,
you should insert these
lines within the "local" style sheet
on the page and then use <p>your text on the bottom on the right </p> within
the body, where you want to write your text

The "local" style sheet should be within the
<HEAD>
</HEAD</>
and not within the <body></body>

Jonathan N. Little

©® said:
Is the first line like a css style?
Would I just copy the two lines and paste them somewhere into the BODY
of the html file?
Thanks

1. Separate files
Stylesheet 'mystyle.css':
p{position:absolute;bottom:0;right:0;}

HTML 'mypage.html'
<head>
<title>Bare Bones 1</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="mystyle.css">
</head>

2. In head of HTML 'mypage.html'
<head>
<title>Bare Bones 2</title>
p{position:absolute;bottom:0;right:0;}
</head>

3. Inline 'mypage.html'
<head>
<title>Bare Bones 3</title>
</head>

Sid Ismail

: In post <: ©® said:
:
: > Is it possible to have text in the bottom right-hand corner no matter
: > the resolution of the screen size or window?
:
: p{position:absolute;bottom:0;right:0;}
:
: <p>bottom right</p>

Welcome back, Brucie!!!

Staying awhile this time?

Sid

Sid Ismail

: In post <: Sid Ismail said:
:
: > Welcome back, Brucie!!!
:
: thanks sid, big kissy
:
: > Staying awhile this time?
:
: i really don't know yet, if i do i don't think it will be 24/7 like before.

If it's only 1/1, this group gains much! :))

Sid

©

©®

Thanks for the help.
Now what happens if I am using the <p> tag already. Will all the text in
a paragraph then be in the bottom-r-hand corner?
Could I call the <p> tag something else, like <brhc> (for bottom right
hand corner)?
e.g.
<head>
<title>Bare Bones 3</title>
</head>
<brhc style="position:absolute;bottom:0;right:0;">bottom right</brhc>

Luigi Donatello Asero

©® said:
Thanks for the help.
Now what happens if I am using the <p> tag already. Will all the text in
a paragraph then be in the bottom-r-hand corner?
Could I call the <p> tag something else, like <brhc> (for bottom right
hand corner)?
e.g.
<head>
<title>Bare Bones 3</title>
</head>
<brhc style="position:absolute;bottom:0;right:0;">bottom right</brhc>

I suppose you could have done it as local or external style sheet.
You used though the third solution which none of these and I am less sure
that it works in such a case.
I did not test it, though, so you may want to tell me whether it worked.
Have a nice day

Luigi Donatello Asero

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
I suppose you could have done it as local or external style sheet.
You used though the third solution which none of these

which is none of these

brucie

yes said:
Could I call the <p> tag something else, like <brhc> (for bottom right
hand corner)?

no, you cant make things up, browsers don't know what to do with it (but
they may have a guess anyway) or weirdo things may happen including the
possibility of the total annihilation of the earth and i don't think you
would like to be responsible for that would you?
<brhc style="position:absolute;bottom:0;right:0;">bottom right</brhc>

using an inline style will only apply the style to that element so the
below would work without any probs:

its only when you're not using inline styles that you need to be more
specific unless you do want a style to apply to all the same elements.

you'll most probably only have one bottom right thingy per page so we'll
give it an ID (only allowed one unique ID per page)

or in an external css file:

#bottomrightthingy{position:absolute;bottom:0;right:0;}

if for some reason you have more than one bottom right thingy (eg an image
with text over it) you'd use a class.

©® said:
Thanks for the help.
Now what happens if I am using the <p> tag already. Will all the text in
a paragraph then be in the bottom-r-hand corner?
Could I call the <p> tag something else, like <brhc> (for bottom right
hand corner)?
e.g.
<head>
<title>Bare Bones 3</title>
</head>
<brhc style="position:absolute;bottom:0;right:0;">bottom right</brhc>
No.
would only style that paragraph.

You can style in order of increasing specificity, element, class and id...

P {blah} applies to all P elements in document

..someclass {blah} applies to all elements in document with class
'someclass' i.e., <h1 class="someclass">...

P.someclass {blah} applies to only P elements with class 'someclass'.

#someId {blah} only applies to the *one* element in document with the id
of 'someId' i.e., <p id="someId ">...