Text in the middle of a web page

Floydster

Is there any way to display a preformatted text file in the middle of my
HTML code?

i.e.

<pre>
i want my text file called here
</pre>

What I'm trying to do is modify a text file to be uploaded so that my site
changes when the text file changes keeping the look without changing the
code so anyone can do it. Is there a better way of soving my problem?

Thanks,

Floyd

Roy Schestowitz

__/ [Floydster] on Monday 29 August 2005 23:30 \__
Is there any way to display a preformatted text file in the middle of my
HTML code?

i.e.

<pre>
i want my text file called here
</pre>

What I'm trying to do is modify a text file to be uploaded so that my site
changes when the text file changes keeping the look without changing the
code so anyone can do it. Is there a better way of soving my problem?

Thanks,

Floyd

I believe you should use Server Sides Include (SSI) to achieve this:

Roy Schestowitz

__/ [Floydster] on Monday 29 August 2005 23:30 \__
Is there any way to display a preformatted text file in the middle of my
HTML code?

i.e.

<pre>
i want my text file called here
</pre>

What I'm trying to do is modify a text file to be uploaded so that my site
changes when the text file changes keeping the look without changing the
code so anyone can do it. Is there a better way of soving my problem?

Thanks,

Floyd

[Apologies about the previous message. I hit the wrong keyboard shortcut]

I believe you should use Server Sides Include (SSI) to achieve this:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/howto/ssi.html

In a nutshell, you can include text that is contained within an external
(e.g. text) file in your HTML code. By declaring some 'includes', much like
in programming languages, you delegate power to peripheral files that
become part of your HTML output. I may be wrong here, so feel free to
correct me or toss a chair my way.

Hope it helps,

Roy

Floydster