Text message on a graphical image.

Discussion in 'HTML' started by ft310, Mar 20, 2006.

  1. ft310

    ft310 Guest

    We have a three frame web page. The top frame extends the entire width of
    the page and it contains a graphic image. On top of this image we are
    supposed to have a text title. This title is supposed to rest in the middle
    of the frame.

    To date only an IMG tag allows us the ability to stretch the graphic for the
    full width of the web page. If the text is superimposed on the graphic
    before hand, really wide web pages stretchs the title way out of shape. If
    we could independently provide this title, it could be large enough for all
    to see and could be placed in the center of the page.

    Question: How does one transpose text on top of a graphic on a web page?

    Review -- http://www.rhodeisland-aa.org/meetings/

    In advance, thanks for your help

    Frank

    ft310, Mar 20, 2006

  2. ft310

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, ft310 quothed:

    > We have a three frame web page. The top frame extends the entire width of
    > the page and it contains a graphic image. On top of this image we are
    > supposed to have a text title. This title is supposed to rest in the middle
    > of the frame.
    >
    > To date only an IMG tag allows us the ability to stretch the graphic for the
    > full width of the web page. If the text is superimposed on the graphic
    > before hand, really wide web pages stretchs the title way out of shape. If
    > we could independently provide this title, it could be large enough for all
    > to see and could be placed in the center of the page.
    >
    > Question: How does one transpose text on top of a graphic on a web page?
    >
    > Review -- http://www.rhodeisland-aa.org/meetings/

    Read up on css. Fairly simple with positioning.

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Mar 20, 2006

  3. ft310 wrote:
    > Question: How does one transpose text on top of a graphic on a web page?

    Use CSS or just put the text on the image using just about any image
    software.

    Travis Newbury, Mar 20, 2006