    Regards,
    Samuël van Laere
    the Netherlands

    Samuël van Laere, Jul 11, 2004

  2. Samuël van Laere

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:mJhIc.27322$>
    Samuël van Laere <> said:

    > Hiya folks,

    g'day

    > Could some kind soul explain why IE (yes its allways that browser) is
    > screwing up the text inside the div?

    i cant see anything wrong with: IE6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-1633

    > As you might notice not all of the text is in a straight line:
    > http://www.decipherer.net/trimsalon/

    looks straight to me

    > Any thoughts?

    you're pissed. try closing one eye or waiting until you sober up.

    --
    b r u c i e

    brucie, Jul 11, 2004

  3. Samuël van Laere

    Els Guest

    Samuël van Laere wrote:

    > Hiya folks,
    >
    > Could some kind soul explain why IE (yes its allways that
    > browser) is screwing up the text inside the div?
    > As you might notice not all of the text is in a straight
    > line: http://www.decipherer.net/trimsalon/
    >
    > Any thoughts?
    > Does it have to do with that box bug?

    It's called the 3 pixel bug or 3 pixel text jog.
    Not too difficult to work around:
    http://www.positioniseverything.net/explorer/threepxtest.html

    --
    Els
    http://locusmeus.com/

    Els, Jul 11, 2004
  4. Samuël van Laere

    Els Guest

    brucie wrote:

    >> As you might notice not all of the text is in a straight
    >> line: http://www.decipherer.net/trimsalon/

    > looks straight to me

    He means the vertical line-up of the horizontal lines, which,
    indeed are all pretty straight :)

    --
    Els
    http://locusmeus.com/

    Els, Jul 11, 2004
  5. Samuël van Laere

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:Xns9523EA862A144Els@130.133.1.4>
    Els <> said:

    >> looks straight to me

    > He means the vertical line-up of the horizontal lines,

    FFS let me just get my microscope

    > which, indeed are all pretty straight :)

    my next suggestion was an inner ear infection making everything appear a
    bit lopsided.

    --
    b r u c i e

    brucie, Jul 11, 2004
  6. Samuël van Laere

    Bert Byfield Guest

    > Could some kind soul explain why IE (yes its allways that browser) is
    > screwing up the text inside the div?

    The main reason is that you are using IE, which is NOT required.

    Bert Byfield, Jul 11, 2004
  7. Samuël van Laere

    Webcastmaker Guest

    In article <Xns9523B25CDCACEBertByfield134nospam@24.24.2.167>,
    says...
    > > Could some kind soul explain why IE (yes its allways that browser) is
    > > screwing up the text inside the div?

    > The main reason is that you are using IE, which is NOT required.

    Very original answer. However, since the overwhelming majority of his
    visitors will be using IE, it was pretty useless for anything other
    than IE bashing.

    But I was very impressed with your originality and your skill working
    the bashing into the thread.

    --
    WebcastMaker
    www.webentations.com

    Webcastmaker, Jul 12, 2004
  8. "brucie" <> schreef in bericht

    > you're pissed. try closing one eye or waiting until you sober up.

    Nah i'm not pissed, only had 7 beers and i'm still looking straight at
    things. ;)

    Regards,
    Samuël van Laere

    Samuël van Laere, Jul 12, 2004
  9. "Els" <> schreef in bericht

    > It's called the 3 pixel bug or 3 pixel text jog.
    > Not too difficult to work around:
    > http://www.positioniseverything.net/explorer/threepxtest.html

    Els is right (or left) it is indeed the 3 pixel bug.
    Thanks Els.

    Regards,
    Samuël van Laere

    Samuël van Laere, Jul 12, 2004
  10. "Bert Byfield" <> schreef in bericht

    > The main reason is that you are using IE, which is NOT required.

    Tell me about it, it works in Opera and Mozilla.
    IE is one big bug if you ask me, but according to M$ they are not bugs but
    features..

    Regards,
    Samuël van Laere

    Samuël van Laere, Jul 12, 2004
  11. Samuël van Laere

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:vHsIc.122362$>
    Samuël van Laere <> said:

    >> you're pissed. try closing one eye or waiting until you sober up.

    > Nah i'm not pissed, only had 7 beers and i'm still looking straight at
    > things. ;)

    when dribble is coming out the side of your mouth it usually indicates
    that you're laying on the floor, not leaning against a wall.

    --
    b r u c i e

    brucie, Jul 12, 2004