Text only version of web site

Adrienne Boswell

Does anyone know where I can see some asp (vbscript) code to convert
a web page into a text only version, like for accessibility?
Example at
http://wave.webaim.org/report?textonly&url=http:/% 2Fwww.microsoft.c
om My html is stored in a database so it can be easily manipulated,
but it is not XML.
Thanks for any ideas.

Do not use presenational markup, and use a blank stylesheet. I would
also suggest that you use semantic markup, and validate it.

eg: <a href="<%=request.servervariables("SCRIPT_NAME")%>?
style=blank.css">Text Only</a>

<%
if request.querystring("style") = "blank.css" then
%>
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="blank.css">
<% else %>
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="regular.css">
<% end if%>

You can set some sessions so that the blank stylesheet remains when the
user is navigating through the site.