Text only version of web site

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Giles, Sep 19, 2008.

  1. Giles

    Giles Guest

    Giles, Sep 19, 2008

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Giles" <>
    writing in news::

    2Fwww.microsoft.c
    > om My html is stored in a database so it can be easily manipulated,
    > but it is not XML.
    > Thanks for any ideas.

    Do not use presenational markup, and use a blank stylesheet. I would
    also suggest that you use semantic markup, and validate it.

    eg: <a href="<%=request.servervariables("SCRIPT_NAME")%>?
    style=blank.css">Text Only</a>

    <%
    if request.querystring("style") = "blank.css" then
    %>
    <link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="blank.css">
    <% else %>
    <link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="regular.css">
    <% end if%>

    You can set some sessions so that the blank stylesheet remains when the
    user is navigating through the site.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services