    to work in this instance. How do I go about this?

    Thanks,
    Sue

    Sue, Jan 5, 2004

  2. Sue wrote:
    > I have a paragraph that I want to justify on both the left and right
    > margins.

    CSS text-align property.

    http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/text.html#alignment-prop

    Keeping in mind that fully justified text is harder to read on screen then
    text with a jagged right edge and thus is usually A Bad Idea.

    --
    David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk/>

    David Dorward, Jan 5, 2004

  3. Sue

    altamir Guest

    David Dorward <> wrote in

    > Sue wrote:
    >> I have a paragraph that I want to justify on both the left and right
    >> margins.

    > CSS text-align property.
    >
    > http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/text.html#alignment-prop
    >
    > Keeping in mind that fully justified text is harder to read on screen
    > then text with a jagged right edge and thus is usually A Bad Idea.

    adding

    text-justify: distribute;

    makes it much easier to read. it's part of css3 specification. works fine
    in ie5.x, ie6 browsers.

    --
    altamir

    altamir, Jan 5, 2004
  4. Sue

    Sue Guest

    Thanks. I'll see how it looks and if it doesn't look right I will leave
    it as a normal paragraph.

    Sue, Jan 5, 2004
  5. altamir <> wrote:

    > adding
    >
    > text-justify: distribute;
    >
    > makes it much easier to read.

    In some circumstances, maybe, to some people's eyes. To my eyes, with
    my choice of font, it makes things even worse by increasing spacing
    between letters, so that it is more difficult to recognize word borders
    since inter-word gap can be just a little wider than intra-word gaps.

    Beware that the results depend on the font face, canvas width, browser
    and its settings, and the phase of the moon, to mention a few things.
    Besides, implementations of justification are buggy. More info:
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/www/justify.html

    > it's part of css3 specification.

    There is no CSS3 specification (yet). Just drafts and proposals.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Jan 5, 2004
  6. Sue

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 19:30:42 GMT, Sue <> wrote:

    : Hi,
    :
    : I have a paragraph that I want to justify on both the left and right
    : margins. I know the <pre> tag does text as formatted but it didn't seem
    : to work in this instance. How do I go about this?

    <P style="text-align:justify;">blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah </P>

    Sid

    Sid Ismail, Jan 6, 2004