Text Paragraph formatting

Sue

Hi,

I have a paragraph that I want to justify on both the left and right
margins. I know the <pre> tag does text as formatted but it didn't seem
to work in this instance. How do I go about this?

Thanks,
Sue

Sue

Thanks. I'll see how it looks and if it doesn't look right I will leave
it as a normal paragraph.

Jukka K. Korpela

altamir said:
adding

text-justify: distribute;

makes it much easier to read.

In some circumstances, maybe, to some people's eyes. To my eyes, with
my choice of font, it makes things even worse by increasing spacing
between letters, so that it is more difficult to recognize word borders
since inter-word gap can be just a little wider than intra-word gaps.

Beware that the results depend on the font face, canvas width, browser
and its settings, and the phase of the moon, to mention a few things.
Besides, implementations of justification are buggy. More info:
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/www/justify.html
it's part of css3 specification.

There is no CSS3 specification (yet). Just drafts and proposals.

Sid Ismail

: Hi,
:
: I have a paragraph that I want to justify on both the left and right
: margins. I know the <pre> tag does text as formatted but it didn't seem
: to work in this instance. How do I go about this?

<P style="text-align:justify;">blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah </P>

Sid