    is narrowed?

    Thanks
    Brian Tozer
    Brian Tozer, Oct 22, 2003

  2. Brian Tozer

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Sometime around Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:28:29 +1300, Brian Tozer is reported to
    have stated:

    > In a fluid page I have a couple of text strings that I do not want to wrap
    > as/if the page is resized.
    > e.g. 'BBC Three Counties Radio and BBC Radio Northampton'
    >
    > How would I prevent the string from being broken between words as the page
    > is narrowed?

    "BBC Three Counties Radio and BBC Radio
    Northampton" (watch wrapping)

    But a phrase that long will cause yukky horizontal scrollbars at a fairly
    large window size (depending on font size, of course). And it could look
    weird if it appears in the middle of a sentence (again depending to some
    extent on window width and font size). e.g.:

    My favourite radio stations are
    BBC Three Counties Radio and BBC Radio Northampton, because they are really
    good.

    May I ask why you want to do this?

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Oct 23, 2003

  3. Brian Tozer

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Brian Tozer wrote:
    > In a fluid page I have a couple of text strings that I do not want to
    > wrap as/if the page is resized.
    > e.g. 'BBC Three Counties Radio and BBC Radio Northampton'
    > How would I prevent the string from being broken between words as the
    > page is narrowed?

    Try non braking spaces (&nbsp;) between the words or <P STYLE="white-space:
    nowrap">
    Nico
    Nico Schuyt, Oct 23, 2003
  4. Brian Tozer

    Brian Tozer Guest

    "Mark Parnell" wrote

    > My favourite radio stations are
    > BBC Three Counties Radio and BBC Radio Northampton, because they are

    really
    > good.
    >
    > May I ask why you want to do this?

    Hi Mark, thanks to both who answered my query.
    I am creating a web page for a broadcaster journalist who has appeared on
    both stations and she was stipulating that each appear nonwrapped. I
    concatenated them both in the example to clarify my request.

    Regards from over the ditch in Godsown.
    Brian Tozer
    Brian Tozer, Oct 23, 2003
  5. Brian Tozer

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Sometime around Fri, 24 Oct 2003 02:08:36 +1300, Brian Tozer is reported to
    have stated:

    > I am creating a web page for a broadcaster journalist who has appeared on
    > both stations and she was stipulating that each appear nonwrapped.

    Oh, well - if she's the one who is paying the bills... :)

    Mark Parnell, Oct 23, 2003