Text template engine?

Laurens

Hi,

Does anyone know a good template engine for generating text dynamically.
(I.e. HTML, SQL statements, code generation, etc.) I'm looking for
something similar to Velocity or Freemarker(both Java libraries).

Thanks
-Laurens

Roland Pibinger

Does anyone know a good template engine for generating text dynamically.
(I.e. HTML, SQL statements, code generation, etc.) I'm looking for
something similar to Velocity or Freemarker(both Java libraries).

Since you post in comp.lang.c++ I assume you want a template engine
written in C/C++. C++ gurus usually don't address 'mundane' code/text
generation tasks. But some libraries are available:

http://teng.sourceforge.net/ (seems to be nice)
http://tazthecat.net/~isaac/libtpt/
http://cttl.sourceforge.net/ (Warning: heavy, Boost-like, and GPL)

Codegeneration in general:
http://www.codegeneration.net/

Best wishes,
Roland Pibinger

Laurens

Roland said:
Since you post in comp.lang.c++ I assume you want a template engine
written in C/C++.

Thanks for your reply Roland. Yes, I was looking for a C++ library. Teng
seems to be most suitable for my purposes. Will try it out.

Thanks
-Laurens