    Template or Jakarta Velocity ?

    Best Regards,
    Przemyslaw
    Przemyslaw Wegrzyn, Sep 8, 2004

  2. Przemyslaw Wegrzyn

    Phlip Guest

    Phlip, Sep 8, 2004

  3. > > Does anybody know any good, open-source library similar to Perl's
    > > Template or Jakarta Velocity ?

    > XSLT?

    Hmm, it is one alternative, but for my needs it's overcomplicated,
    compared to simple templating toolkits. I don't like XSLT too much.

    Best Regards,
    Przemyslaw
    Przemyslaw Wegrzyn, Sep 8, 2004
  4. (Przemyslaw Wegrzyn) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Does anybody know any good, open-source library similar to Perl's
    > Template or Jakarta Velocity ?

    You can try CodeWorker, a parsing tool and a source code generator,
    freely available at "http://www.codeworker.org". A template-based
    script expresses the code generation patterns.

    The interpreter is written in C++, and you can link your C++
    application with the CodeWorker's library or translate your
    CodeWorker's scripts to C++, via the command-line switch '-c++'.

    As for Velocity (but in the C++ world), you can populate your CW's
    templates with the data coming from your C++ application. To do that,
    you just have to build a 'CodeWorker::CppParsingTree' data structure
    (header file = "CppParsingTree.h").

    Tell me if you need more details.
    Cedric LEMAIRE, Sep 9, 2004
  5. (Przemyslaw Wegrzyn) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi !
    >
    > Does anybody know any good, open-source library similar to Perl's
    > Template or Jakarta Velocity ?
    >
    > Best Regards,
    > Przemyslaw

    Hello,

    I suggest you our templating engine -- Teng
    <http://sourceforge.net/projects/teng/>. Teng is almost standard C++
    library with very simple interface (almost due to use of just one
    posix function).

    Primary purpose of teng is web page generation but it can be used for
    any kind of text (emails, sources etc). Templates are cached. Template
    can be broken to separate files. You can use language dictionaries for
    multilingual output.

    Project documentation is in progress but I can send you first draft of
    manual.

    Best regards,

    Vaclav Blazek
    Vaclav Blazek, Sep 9, 2004