    Can anyone give me an example?

    Thanks in advance
    Chalotte
    Charlotte, Oct 9, 2008

  2. Charlotte

    Tim Slattery Guest

    "Charlotte" <> wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >Can someone please help me with the following:
    >
    >I have an ASP-page where a query runs, it confiscates a couple of seconds (5
    >to 10 sec), before the result is sent to the client's browser.
    >
    >While the query is doing his job on the server, the visitor can't see
    >anything, only a blank page with the typical 'indicator' in the status of IE
    >(at the bottom).
    >
    >I would like to have the words: 'Patience, the result is being composed' or
    >an hourglass must be shown, so that the visitor can see that the process is
    >taking place.

    Put the line: Response.Buffer = False at the top of your ASP page:

    Response.Buffer=False

    <!DOCTYPE etc, etc>
    <head>....</head>
    <h1>header</h1>
    other text
    <%
    processing
    %>
    Done!

    The user will see the header and "other text". That will show while
    the processing is being done, then the "Done!" will display.

    --
    Tim Slattery
    MS MVP(Shell/User)

    http://members.cox.net/slatteryt
    Tim Slattery, Oct 9, 2008

  3. Charlotte

    Tim Slattery Guest

    Tim Slattery <> wrote:

    >Put the line: Response.Buffer = False at the top of your ASP page:
    >
    >Response.Buffer=False

    Ahh...I should have remembered that this line is server-side script,
    therefore should be between <% and %>

    <% Response.Buffer = False %>

    Tim Slattery, Oct 10, 2008